Clear All

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
    I’ll keep feeding what works for me [emoji12]

That’s one bad*** buck! What he score?

Comment

lots of good info here

Comment

Originally posted by Jerikson View Post
        Corn is 80% TDN but wouldnt put a pile of that out due to acidosis and possibly dead deer. Think theres a lot more to consider along with tdn when looking at a good quality balanced ration. Ingredients, fat, fiber source, and most important starch level. Anything over 35% NFC will start to burn guts up and can lead to deer going off feed and worse case death. I would get NFC of all these as well
        What does NFC stand for?

Comment

Protein Pellet Ingredients

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          Literally on the first page of the thread

They’ve been asked for an updated analysis due to rumors that now that they are mass produced, recipe isn’t the same. They refuse to provide it. I’m not a feed guy so I don’t know how often a feed company would test, but I’d guess every few months at least. (Maybe I’m wrong). Instead, they keep providing the 2016 analysis report.

Maybe someone here can answer how often a feed company runs that analysis report.....

I don’t have a dog in this hunt either way, just trying to provide the most accurate information possible. Maybe I should take a collection, buy 10-15 different bags of feed retail, and send all in for testing myself. I guess that would be the only fair and accurate way.
          Last edited by TXBRASS; 01-01-2019, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Any info on HiPro 20% protein? We purchase it from Brady Feed & Fertilizer but I believe it's made in Comanche, TX.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
              They’ve been asked for an updated analysis due to rumors that now that they are mass produced, recipe isn’t the same. They refuse to provide it. I’m not a feed guy so I don’t know how often a feed company would test, but I’d guess every few months at least. (Maybe I’m wrong). Instead, they keep providing the 2016 analysis report.

Maybe someone here can answer how often a feed company runs that analysis report.....

I don’t have a dog in this hunt either way, just trying to provide the most accurate information possible. Maybe I should take a collection, buy 10-15 different bags of feed retail, and send all in for testing myself. I guess that would be the only fair and accurate way.
              I was about to say send a ziplock bag of it to a lab.

Comment

I’ll keep feeding what works for me [emoji12]

How do you tell if its the "feed" that works?

I've always asked myself the same question and really haven't found any proof one way or another.

Disclaimer: We feed a lot.

Comment

I’ll be getting a bulk load of DD soon. If I send a sample to Servi-Tech, should I get the Feed Tag test or the Ration test?

Comment

https://servitechlabs.com/Services/F...7/Default.aspx

I’ll be getting a bulk load of DD soon. If I send a sample to Servi-Tech, should I get the Feed Tag test or the Ration test?

I believe it’s called the “Feed Analysis Report”.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From what I have been told, the percentages on the bag is only what the Government requires them to list....most protein manufactures don't tell the competition what they are adding....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                        From what I have been told, the percentages on the bag is only what the Government requires them to list....most protein manufactures don't tell the competition what they are adding....
                        I asked DF&G about the changes in levels over time. We've been feeding their stuff for a while.

Jason told me the values are minimums and individual test will most likely test higher but the tag has to be "guaranteed analysis".

Great buck Peyton!! That frame is HUGE!

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
                          I asked DF&G
                          Jason told me the values are minimums and individual test will most likely test higher but the tag has to be "guaranteed analysis".
                          !
                          That’s for the protein %....

Two feeds could both have a 20% protein content and one could have 75% TDN while the other had 50% TDN.... BIG difference there.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                            That’s for the protein %....

Two feeds could both have a 20% protein content and one could have 75% TDN while the other had 50% TDN.... BIG difference there.

I agree, as a customer I expect the same recipe I originally bought. If it’s changed, i want to know.

Comment

Double Down has been marketed as a consistent product in response to “Least Cost Ration” ingredients from the big name pellets. That’s why I bought in. If ingredients have changed, I’m not sure I still believe.

Squash this DFG or BH??

Comment

Double Down has been marketed as a consistent product in response to “Least Cost Ration” ingredients from the big name pellets. That’s why I bought in. If ingredients have changed, I’m not sure I still believe.

Squash this DFG or BH??

All everyone wants to see is a recent feed analysis report. From what I’ve heard. Feed companies run them every few weeks. There’s really no reason for them not to provide it when asked...... unless TDN% dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X