Suggestions On A Metal Building/Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions On A Metal Building/Shop

This is way overdue. I need a metal building behind my house for added storage, basic shop/lawn equipment etc, electric and built on a slab. I'm in the Montgomery area and looking for suggestions on who to use? I'm seeing places that do everything and also places like metal mart where you buy the kit and have the work contracted out. Any pointers would be great and thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We used Archery Buildings a few years ago and haven't had any issues at all. We have a 20 x 40 on slab put up. It was very painless...nice and courteous work crew...in and out in a few days if I recall...very professional and reasonably priced.

Comment

Contact Silvis Steel in Huntsville. Eric can quote you out a fully engineered building or a weld-up and also give you recommendations on local contractors to use. 936-295-5804 tell him Larry Pasket sent you.

Comment

FiveStarr Metal Buildings did mine; best price by far if your ok with wood. They handle the project from start to finish. (Dirt Work, Slab, & Building) Many of the builders (Tomball) in the area will only due 1 or 2 of the job requirements. From the quotes I got the pricing in the area was Bolt Steel>Welded>Wood.

Below is the link to my project:

Comment

Happy with my Hawthorne. Slab and building. You pay for site prep and electrical on top.

Comment

I had a versa-tube metal building put up 10 years ago and am very happy with it. https://www.gaport.com/metal/steel-b...g-kits-diy.htm

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
              Happy with my Hawthorne. Slab and building. You pay for site prep and electrical on top.
              Johnny, this is THE BEST guy on the planet to do a building for you and he's your neighbor practically. I have a friend who had them put one up out in Columbus. He drove a stake in the ground where he wanted the center of the building and Hawthorne did the rest and it is NICE!!

Check out his standard packages pricing. You might find cheaper, but you won't find better.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryP_1989 View Post
                Contact Silvis Steel in Huntsville. Eric can quote you out a fully engineered building or a weld-up and also give you recommendations on local contractors to use. 936-295-5804 tell him Larry Pasket sent you.

This but I suggest Sam Tackas out of New Waverly for the contractor. Eric Silvis knows Sam well and can be a reference for you.

Text me if you need numbers for either of them.

Comment

Mueller.

Comment

Don't do it
                    You will find that you will buy more things to work on and fill it with stuff..only to spend all your free time drinking cold beer and whiskey in the shop working on said stuff...all while justifying your new space and good times.

Comment

No suggestions on a builder. But if you haven't been told this 1,000x yet...make it bigger than you think you need. Maybe even go bigger than that.

Comment

Solid info and really appreciate it. I will be making some phone calls to some of the suggestions over the next few days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                          No suggestions on a builder. But if you haven't been told this 1,000x yet...make it bigger than you think you need. Maybe even go bigger than that.
                          Best advice so far on this thread.

Two years ago, I built a 40x60 enclosed, with a 40x20 overhang/carport.
                          I'm already looking at adding a loft inside to store some of the infrequently use items to make more room on the floor.

Comment

I have a friend with a building built by Archery out of Willis and its nice, I also know people with a 5 starr and they are nice too.

I will probably go with 5 starr when i get one built.

Comment

Diamond W specialties is the best around. Awesome prices also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X