Custom Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Rifle

Does anyone know if anyone can make a custom rifle that looks like or have a Rem Sendero built. If so start throwing some custom rifle makers in Texas. Also what is usual price for a rifle?

Hill Country Rifles in New Braunfels would be a good start. I'm talking to them now about a rifle. $3000 and up up up!!

Comment

Originally posted by bbuck8 View Post
      Hill Country Rifles in New Braunfels would be a good start. I'm talking to them now about a rifle. $3000 and up up up!!

I have one of their rifles and they will flat out shoot.

Comment

Euless Guns and Ammo specializes in Rem 700 action based customs. Their work is top flight and less expensive than most of the "name" places.

Euless Guns & Ammo - America's largest online firearms and accessories mall.

Comment

I recently took my childhood 270 to hill country rifle. Basically saving the action. Really excited to see the finished product . They accurized a browning a-bolt 300 wsm for me and it shoots lights out. I never shoot rifles and I killed an ibex at just over 400 yds. They aren't cheap but they are good and they are the guys I know.

Comment

easy to build. HS precision stock with a model 700 action and a sendero contour barrel. The price depends on how just how tricked out you want it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              easy to build. HS precision stock with a model 700 action and a sendero contour barrel. The price depends on how just how tricked out you want it to be.
              i have no clue how to build a rifle??

Comment

Originally posted by zappmaster View Post
                i have no clue how to build a rifle??

let me help

first thing, buy this $25 book and read the whole thing. Very informative and will answer all your questions.

http://siskguns.com/index.php/sisk-books.html

what caliber do you want ?

step by step process with ballpark prices

1) buy rifle for donor action, or buy new custom action... $400-1000

2) buy used or new HS Precision stock ... $200-350

3) buy custom barrel in desired contour, caliber, and twist ... $350-475(fluted)
                barrel makers: Lilja, Shilen, PacNor, Hart, Bartlein, Krieger, ER Shaw, Douglas, etc...

4) fit, chamber, crown ... $250 ; blueprint factory action ( optional but recommended) $125

5) skim bed barreled action... $100

6) trigger job to existing trigger ... $50 or custom trigger $100-200

7) consult gunsmith to discuss estimated delivery time, prices, location

you can build a custom rifle for $1200 - 2500+ , all depends on what you want and how deep your pockets are

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  let me help

first thing, buy this $25 book and read the whole thing. Very informative and will answer all your questions.

3) buy custom barrel in desired contour, caliber, and twist ... $350-475(fluted)
                  barrel makers: Lilja, Shilen, PacNor, Hart, Bartlein, Krieger, ER Shaw, Douglas, etc...

4) fit, chamber, crown ... $250 ; blueprint factory action ( optional but recommended) $125

you can build a custom rifle for $1200 - 2500+ , all depends on what you want and how deep your pockets are
                  I asked Blake this same question 6 weeks ago and he gave this same answer. No surprise he is right on the mark as always. I am six weeks into building a "sendero style" .25-06 on a rem 700 action All of my parts are in hand. My Zeiss HD5 5x25x50 actually arrived this morning. Just have 10 more weeks to wait on my barrel and then it's off to the GS. I have been have tons of fun with this. Can't wait to do it again and I haven't even shot the rifle. Good luck with your build. Lots of good advice around here

Comment

Cajun Blake has helped me and guided me as well. Follow his advice as he knows what he is talking about.

Comment

Sorry for my short response lol. multi tasking here.

Blake has ya hooked up!!

Comment

Call Jim Beadland at Beadlandcustomrifles.com he is not in Texas, but right across state line in Oklahoma (no sales tax). He built mine and is a great guy that does great work. He is very well know on snipershide.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                          let me help

Blake got my first custom built off an old Remington action. He knows his stuff.

Comment

Look into Tumbleweeds Custom Rifles in Georgetown or S&S Custom Rifles in Argyle. Both do quality work.

Comment

Texascustomrifles.com

Travis builds a fine rifle. Have one, and 2 more on the way. He's got a build with a budget for any rifle.

Comment

Working...
                              X