2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
    It's the kiamich mountains you never know what will happen. More than likely they will turn into ghost

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes sir, I’ve been hunting the area for about six years. Don’t have much to show for it except for few does. Once the acorns start falling it gets tough. We’ve been holding out letting them age with hopes a mature mountain deer slips up. We can only continue to put in our time and see if luck is in our favor. Either way it’s always nice to sit in the tree and unplug from work. I’m looking forward to this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage Point View Post
      Yes sir, I’ve been hunting the area for about six years. Don’t have much to show for it except for few does. Once the acorns start falling it gets tough. We’ve been holding out letting them age with hopes a mature mountain deer slips up. We can only continue to put in our time and see if luck is in our favor. Either way it’s always nice to sit in the tree and unplug from work. I’m looking forward to this season.

Stick with it. Even the big boys get nookie on the brain and slip up. The key is to be in the right place when they do it. Not before and not after. My experience has been that extreme early season and the end of muzzle loader has been the best. Then it’s ghost city.

Comment

Here’s a few from last season, hope they’re still in the area. Should have some photos next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage Point View Post
          Here’s a few from last season, hope they’re still in the area. Should have some photos next weekend.

That spike is freaking cool!

Comment

Made the last push for the pre-season, looks like the bears are moving along no pictures in the last 10 days of any, bucks are hard horned found some green acorns that have already fallen its getting close!

Deer were really moving Saturday evening almost got a 130" deer on the way to Antlers Saturday evening!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ready to get up there on Saturday with whakm to check cams, repair and fill feeders (if repair is possible), put up stands, check the progress of the oats/mixes that I broadcast and maybe broadcast some more oats. Hoping the bears are gone but I know MWW982 is up there today refilling the bear bait station that was put up at the back of the lease.

Comment

Dang 100% chance of rain on Saturday! Gonna have to hold off a week.

Comment

BOOM!

Comment

The OK Mesonet says Clayton got 7.33 inches in the last 3 days. Talihina got 10.49 inches

Comment

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post
                      The OK Mesonet says Clayton got 7.33 inches in the last 3 days. Talihina got 10.49 inches

I’ll bet those seasonal creeks between those hills were roaring rivers! This kind of rain is what washed away allot of camps/travel trailers North of us a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                        I’ll bet those seasonal creeks between those hills were roaring rivers! This kind of rain is what washed away allot of camps/travel trailers North of us a few years back.

Not too bad as of Saturday and Sunday. Kiamichi River was rolling pretty good though. We have several respectable bucks on camera this year. Haven’t seen the wide one with the split g2’s... hope he makes his way back to my area.

Comment

Hugo and Antlers only got 3-5” of rain. Going up to fill the bear baits and check cameras Sunday. Will be there the first weekend of October. First time trying to bear hunt, not sure how it is going to go. Going to be kind of nerve racking but excited about it.

Comment

Got 4.23" at my place East of Hugo. Hoping my seed was still on the ground and the birds or hogs didn't get to it before it germinated.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                              Got 4.23" at my place East of Hugo. Hoping my seed was still on the ground and the birds or hogs didn't get to it before it germinated.

I’ll bet your plots are going to be just fine. Looking forward to the updates pics.

Comment

Ready to get up on Sunday and get blinds/stands up, corn in the feeders and see if the oats and other seed I put out came up.

Comment

Working...
                                X