Would like to fish Corpus / Laguna Madre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like to fish Corpus / Laguna Madre

In town on vacation for the next couple days. Anyone fishing during the week. I would love to get my son on some Reds. I will gladly help pay for gas and bait. Heck even some ideas of where to wade and be successful would be greatly appreciated.

I fished the Laguna a couple weeks ago ( wade )
    I drove out the the national sea shore. Through the entrance then about a half mile I think there is a sign for the wind surf area. Go to the wind surf area and walk out to about chest deep. We caught several trout on artificial baits. Almost all were on a dark green soft minnow looking thing. Live bait might be a lot of fun as well.

Comment

Flywise, don’t know if you remember. We met and fished in Packery Channel a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by benwhite34 View Post
        In town on vacation for the next couple days. Anyone fishing during the week. I would love to get my son on some Reds. I will gladly help pay for gas and bait. Heck even some ideas of where to wade and be successful would be greatly appreciated.
        I'm leaving corpus in the morning. I was in the surf Friday and there was bait everywhere in the surf and I even saw a few trout rolling. We were at the first beach access north of the Pachary Channel. I went the next morning to the same spot using live shrimp under a popping cork and caught a few skip jack and bonnethead's...no trout. We went back Sunday evening and I decided to get some live shrimp and croaker. I decided to give the croaker a shot free lining with a chatter weight. Caught 2 hardhead pretty quick in the 2nd gut and decided to make it to the next bar and try there. That croaker didnt soak 2 minutes and I caught a 19-20" trout. I was about to get back out there when I got vetoed by everyone and we went to the packary so the kids could paddleboard and kayak. I should have stayed in the surf and had them come back and get me, but I had already fished quite a bit and this was a family trip, not a fishing trip. Not sure what the surf will be like these next few days, but if its halfway calm, get some croaker and hit the surf.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

We ended up at Bibb hall Pier last night till close to 2am. I wish we had something to show from it but only caught a couple Gafftop, hard heads, and whitings. Maybe tonight will be different. ��

Comment

Bob Hall Pier

Comment

i worked indian peir at light last week with a doa brown/glitter fish mimicking lure, caught a small 16 inch trout. had two other good hits just didnt hook them.

Comment

Originally posted by benwhite34 View Post
                We ended up at Bibb hall Pier last night till close to 2am. I wish we had something to show from it but only caught a couple Gafftop, hard heads, and whitings. Maybe tonight will be different. ��
                I was at Bob Hall Saturday night and only saw a few gafftops caught. I was fishing live shrimp under a popping cork and didnt have a bite. I talked to a few people who said they had good luck catching trout on Thurs and Fri, but they didnt catch a fish Saturday night.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tried the the Packery Channel jetties tonight. Had a couple bites but no luck. Gonna try wading at PINS tomorrow morning (if I wake up in time). I would really like to take an actual fishing trip down here without the rest of the family. It would be nice to just fish and not have to worry about leaving the wife with the small two at the hotel.
                  Last edited by benwhite34; 07-11-2018, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Another Corpus trip down. Didn’t get the fish we were after but had a lot of fun with the others we did catch.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X