No announcement yet.

Chevy diesel 4x4 in mud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate my 2015 Duramax in mud. Got stuck today and not even buried. Just slick. Other wise I love it.

Comment

When you hit the button to turn off the traction control be sure to hold it down for awhile, it’ll turn off the traction control and the stabilitrak. Turn those off and that baby will eat!!

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
        Diesel trucks do horrible in mud, the big heavy engine sinks the front end deep.
        Yep. I have told guys about this for years. They don't believe me, until their truck is buried deep. Then I have to remind them, I told them it would do that.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
          Diesel trucks do horrible in mud, the big heavy engine sinks the front end deep.

This. Oops. Happened to me today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Grim Reaper View Post
              You can turn off the stabiltrac off as well if you hold down on the traction control buttom.
              This^^^^

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                A tip for the future. Depending on the make of the vehicle, you can pull the fuse for the ABS/VSC/ESC/RSC and it'll completely disable traction control. BUT do so at you're own risk.
                We did this on a few big diesels at work. They went from being stuck all the time to throwing roostertails .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                  This. Oops. Happened to me today.

Dang! Was there a couple days ago in my Chevy 4x4. That was after pulling out my Mule Pro FXR. And that happened after pulling out my Tacoma. Need some wind to dry this water out on our place. It’s a bit sloppy.

Comment

Traction Control got me. The new Michelin’s didn’t help either.

Comment

I want to see that 3’ of mud the dodge guy claims he pulled a gooseneck through. That would be over the wheel wells...

Comment

What would be a good tire that would make a diesel better in mud, but not be crazy loud going down the road. My diesel turned into a daily driver this past week due to my daily driver going under a F250. I need to upgrade the tires, but I want to talk to the passengers while driving.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                          What would be a good tire that would make a diesel better in mud, but not be crazy loud going down the road. My diesel turned into a daily driver this past week due to my daily driver going under a F250. I need to upgrade the tires, but I want to talk to the passengers while driving.
                          Toyo R/T

Comment

I nearly burried mine this weekend. I was really worried and i dont get worried alot. 4 low w the trailer attached and i made it out of everything i got myself into. Found a dry spot parked the truck and unloaded the ranger. Im not about to get stuck if i dont have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                              I want to see that 3’ of mud the dodge guy claims he pulled a gooseneck through. That would be over the wheel wells...
                              That made me lol, ain’t no way. I went thru a foot of mud in Laredo last year and had to drive 55mph or so back to San Antonio. There was so much mud caked on the inside of the rims it threw the balance off.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                                Toyo R/T
                                I’m running R/Ts on my 350. I made it through a few nasty roads I would’ve preferred not have been on with ease last week. It does pretty decent for a 9000 lb rig. The Michelin’s would have been stuck ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                                X