No announcement yet.

Got my trailer and ATV stolen on Saturday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report it!!! I had a big truck that I sold back to the dealer I bought it from. He sold it sometime later and the guy that bought it did not register it in his name and it was used in some crimes transporting stolen equipment. When they ran the vin number on it it came back to me as owner. Was visited by the FBI as well as local leo. Had to prove it wasn't mine. Luckily I kept the bill of sale. Report it or it could or will come back to bite YOU in the ***

Comment

Report it, When they get caught it may be enough to get their charges upped. By the way your neighbor sucks, it makes me think he somehow has an association to the thieves. Might be friends of friends. At least try to take a pic of the video and post that...

Comment

If your not willing to report it then don’t complain about it. If you file insurance for replacement, they may ask for a report. F the neighbor and report it. Tell the police he has footage and you seen it, they will get it.

Comment

So, you're not doing a thing to help get your stuff back, but yet you're on the internet asking for advice, on what you should do about it? Then, when plenty of good advice is offered, you shoot it all down, like it doesn't even matter. Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Comment

The cops arent going to show the crooks the video. Report it or else you are almost aiding them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is why we cant gave nice stuff!

Comment

why would you not report this

Comment

I am working on reporting it. When working through HPDs flow chart of how to report crimes, "having information" is a big one. And I am still working on trying to get that info from neighbor #2.

Regarding neighbor #1. I am not going to go all into it, but its more of a cultural thing than anything. I also understand that they cant just give me the 30 seconds of video or whatever it is I need. They would basically be giving me every video their cameras recorded for the time period, both inside and outside their house.

Comment

When I was a teenager my 4 wheeler, as well as my cousin's, was stolen. We did a police report thinking they were long gone. We get a call a few weeks later saying they caught two guys riding them through the river. We get them back, get the ignition replaced, change all the fluids and filters, etc. Walk out to our metal building where they're kept about a month later and mine is gone again. After that my dad told me he didn't want the 4 wheeler back, he'd just take the insurance money.

Comment

None of this makes any sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                        So, you wait nearly 48 hours to report a crime, then ask a bunch of strangers on the interweb If�n you should call the police, acause your scared you won�t get your stuff back, acause you read on the internet you prolly won�t get your stuff back...

Seems kinda late to me.

SMDH.

I agree, something is not right here

Comment

You might be screwed since the titles are in other people’s names unless that is an old pic and you got them transferred later. You are supposed to transfer them and pay your taxes. Since you didn’t then you will have to now along with a big fine. Having the title doesn’t prove you own then unless it is in your name.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            It's a conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I hope the OP gets a new 4 wheeler and posts where he keeps it...free 4 wheeler!

Comment

Yall are relentless.

I am working on getting "evidence" at the moment. If I file a police report with no evidence what so ever, I dont think I will have much success. If I can get a shot of their license plate, and them stealing my stuff in the act, well that kind of changes things. So I need to try to nudge my neighbors into helping me (all of us).

Not everybody can just stop everything that they are doing at a moments notice.

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                                unless that is an old pic and you got them transferred later.
                                Bingo. I was trying to show the VINs, not my home address.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X