Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a new zero turn (need opinions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did we get to point that we need $5000 -$10000lawn mowers to mow our yards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been looking at the Gravely's lately, but I will be checking out the Ferris line up... The Gravely dealer is only 8 miles from my house, but there is not a Ferris Dealer closer.. That might be the deciding factor..

Comment

I’ve had a BadBoy for two years now and love it. You can mow all day on 1 tank of gas.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

Good question. I have found that the commercial mowers tend to last longer and cut better. They actually have some value should you decide tosell them at some point as well.

Comment

I got an expensive mower because I truly enjoy working on my yard.

Comment

Went and test drove a ferris is2100 today with a 28hp briggs fuel injected. Was very disappointed. Couldnt get comfortable on it. The control levers when folded in were right against my legs and when pushed forward, were up against my knees. Is that normal or was something not adjusted correctly? Im 6’-2” and around 230.

Comment

Originally posted by Krk77486 View Post
                Went and test drove a ferris is2100 today with a 28hp briggs fuel injected. Was very disappointed. Couldnt get comfortable on it. The control levers when folded in were right against my legs and when pushed forward, were up against my knees. Is that normal or was something not adjusted correctly? Im 6’-2” and around 230.
                Control arms had to be set improperly. I’m 5’11” and they aren’t close to my legs at all.

Comment

My dad paid about 2k for a Walmart/Sears/Home Depot *Special* mower every 3-4 years then the POS would always start to fall apart. Meanwhile my grandpa paid close to 10k for a Scag 20 years ago and it still runs like it’s new. Spend your money how you want is my philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                    Control arms had to be set improperly. I’m 5’11” and they aren’t close to my legs at all.

I had to almost put my knees together or the control arms would rub on the sides of my legs. I just couldnt sit comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by Krk77486 View Post
                      I had to almost put my knees together or the control arms would rub on the sides of my legs. I just couldnt sit comfortably.
                      Definitely something set up wrong. Ferris is the most comfortable zero turn I have driven. Been on hustler, gravely, bad boy, kubota and Ferris. Go back to the dealer and have them adjust the arms.

Comment

Bought a 42" Raptor last summer. No regrets. Looked at Bad Boy. Too arrogant, expensive and would'nt work with you.
                        Originally posted by elhefe View Post
                        Love my Hustler

Comment

I was at the Extravaganza a few years ago and met the guys from Country Clipper, did some research and decided to go with one of the Commercial models...easiest thing in the world to use with one joystick, you don’t need 2 hands...crazy power....i am not sure why I haven’t seen one anywhere else...but they are impressive machines.
                          I tought my 12 year old daughter to use in about 30 seconds. Just like playing a video game.

Comment

Sounds like it had to be set up wrong. I don’t think you could go wrong with Scag or Ferris. The one thing I’ve been told from a couple different sources is the Kawasaki engine is far superior to the Briggs. Good luck with the purchase!

Comment

I recommend the Spartan!!!! I have had Kubota and Gravely with honestly no complaints about either but the Spartan is as good or better mower than either of the others two and you get way more for the money.

Comment

I have a Gravely Pro Turn, it has been a great mower. This will be its 4th or 5th mowing season. I mow about 3 acres here at the house and also mow around the barn in the pasture. It has done everything I asked of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X