No announcement yet.

Hate me for saying this, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen on here where any one said they hunt to provide meat for their family and I don't know any one that does. I hunt to hunt. The meat is a bonus. I hunt when their is no meat involved at all. I pay nothing for the 3 places I hunt on but the meat is still just a bonus. If you hunt just for the meat then you are hunting for all the wrong reasons.

Comment

I don't get why some folks worry about what others do or why they do it. I know fellas who kill 2 deer a year using guns they inherited, and they hunt for less than $100 for their license and APH. So basically for the cost of the license and a couple of bullets, and processing the deer themselves, I'd say they come out way ahead. But what do I know?

My lone deer this year cost me the grand total of less than $5 no lease fees, I hunted my in-laws farm, and we were up there for family functions that we would be there for anyways. Ammo and 1 small propane bottle for the Mr. Buddy Heater, so that's the cost equation. Tell me where you can get 60+ lbs of meat for less than $0.05 a lb granted, I wish I had been able to afford the lease this year...I missed the heck out of sitting around the campfire with my buddies and listening to the kids running around enjoying themselves. I wish my venison had cost $10-15 per lb...but I wasn't going to spend money foolishly when it was needed elsewhere for the year. Maybe 2018 will start off better for the company and I'll be able to swing getting on a lease again this year

Comment

Originally posted by Rickk View Post
        It keeps my kids off the street and out of trouble. That’s priceless in my book!!!
        Good call

Comment

I like the meat, but I also like the horns

Comment

Lol I just like going to the deer lease to drink whiskey and get out of town. The venison is just a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
              Lobster? What costs more than lobster? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beef jerky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                I've never seen on here where any one said they hunt to provide meat for their family and I don't know any one that does. I hunt to hunt. The meat is a bonus. I hunt when their is no meat involved at all. I pay nothing for the 3 places I hunt on but the meat is still just a bonus. If you hunt just for the meat then you are hunting for all the wrong reasons.

Seen it a lot on bookface

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                  Beef jerky

You are dang right about that!!! Per pound price is crazy!

Comment

If I chose to, I could hunt all season and literally spend $0 and bring home some meat. With the exception of a hunting license of course.

However, sometimes I decide to buy a new gun, or a new game camera, or just something to make it feel like I’m getting ready for the season. Also plan to start feeding regularly this year for the first time in about 8 years.

But like I said, if I chose to do so, I could literally spend nothing and put protein on a plate.

Comment

Hunting and fishing in Texas is really a hobby for 99.9%. It's much cheaper and less time consuming to go to the market for beef, pork, or fish.

Comment

Hate me for saying this, but...

Originally posted by Kevin7243 View Post
                        I measure the success of my hunt by the inch. Probably will fade with age, but not right now. My deer meat cost ALOT!

You better hope so because you are missing out on so much more than what a tape measure tells you.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          You better hope so because you are missing out on so much more than what a tape measure tells you.
                          Reckon he comes up short?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

I’ve always heard it gets longer as you age.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                              I’ve always heard it gets longer as you age.

Well this turned quickly :-)

Comment

Not everybody hunts leases or pays to hunt. You can pretty much make hunting as expensive or as cheap as you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X