My New Coon Guards are In!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brush to Bay View Post
    We have a guy locally selling these. Have had a few requests for them but not sold on the idea yet.

https://elusivewildlife.com/shop/the...nch-shaft.html
    These in combination with a cage with mesh large enough so coons can't get inside and they absolutely work! Tried it without the cage, but we have so many coons (sometimes over 20 under each feeder) that they'd hang on the spinner until they sprung it or bent it. Put cages on the feeders and corn waste went to zero! Squirrels even gave up! The other side benefit is in the off season or whenever the feeder goes empty, the hole is plugged and it keeps those big ol paper wasps and red wasps from getting inside the barrel and nesting.

Comment

I mean okay but the Eliminator spin plate is pretty easy to put on.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
        The best thing we have found is a length of large diameter pvc pipe suspended on the leg with a piece of twine. The PVC has to be long enough they can't reach from bottom to top so the coons can't reach past it. They grab hold and it spins like mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I do the same thing 3" pvc high enough off the ground that they start climbing and when they hit the pvc it spins and they fall off. I secure them loosely with tie wraps.
        Attached Files

Comment

Picked some up at Walmart $3. I'm in my gun blind now waiting on a hog. After dark I will install the slinky's.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

In! Good luck!

Comment

In

Comment

I hope it works, but Vaseline is super easy and cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                    I hope it works, but Vaseline is super easy and cheap!
                    Easier and cheaper than a few slinky's? Somehow I doubt that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      Easier and cheaper than a few slinky'? Somehow I doubt that.

Why would you doubt something so researchable

Easy to run Vaseline on 3' of a feeder leg, doesn't increase diameter, doesn't make any noise in the wind, doesn't take up much room in the buggy or truck, last a lil more than a year depending on direct sun.

Comment

I never imagined it would last a year. I stand corrected. Although, video of a slinky attempt would be funnier.

Comment

I need to see a video! Please?
                          Last edited by wdtorque; 07-17-2017, 08:40 AM. Reason: letters

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            I never imagined it would last a year. I stand corrected. Although, video of a slinky attempt would be funnier.

Lol. I don't know. When a coon thinks he can run up a leg and then hits a Wylie coyote oil slick it's pretty good stuff. Then to watch him prance around all sad and try to get it off his paws.....

Comment

Works here

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                                Lol. I don't know. When a coon thinks he can run up a leg and then hits a Wylie coyote oil slick it's pretty good stuff. Then to watch him prance around all sad and try to get it off his paws.....
                                Yes, and the same thing will happen to you when you mistakenly grab one of the poles or rub up against one. Poles will get covered in dirt and corn dust. I greased my feeder legs once and will never do it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X