No Tresspassing signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
    True, but having it posted is a game changer when it comes to calling out LE when you catch someone on your place.
    I am sure this is true but it is ridiculous

People know where they are supposed to be and where they are not supposed to be

Comment

Originally posted by Dillakilla View Post
      This is main reason I do.
      Yea this. Both reasons for me.

Harder to prosecute with no signs

Also paint trees purple.

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
        Also paint trees purple.

Sean
        Do you paint them throughout the property or just the ones on the perimeter ?

Comment

Originally posted by BetramHunter View Post
          Do you paint them throughout the property or just the ones on the perimeter ?

About every 30 50 yards along bounds

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
            True, but having it posted is a game changer when it comes to calling out LE when you catch someone on your place.
            How so?

I was told that a fence IS a no trespassing notice in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
              Have a place next to us he has a no trespass sign every 30 feet.
              Saw him one day and asked him why ? He said so we would not cross his fence.
              OK but why would we come onto his 53 acres when we have 1200.
              He had no answer.
              Because theres some people who arent happy with 1200.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
                Because theres some people who arent happy with 1200.

Exactly. a guy could have 100k acres, but a monster buck on others place could be tempting to some.

It's not about land, it's about thievery of game and equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by denowt View Post
                  How so?

I was told that a fence IS a no trespassing notice in Texas.
                  Not true. I have heard of many not getting ticked because no sign.

Comment

We don't have any. I'm sure we have the occasional "tresspasser" and I know we probably have a deer or two shot from the gravel road every year, but not anything serious enough to get bent out of shape over.

The only place you'll see much purple paint or no trespassing signs around here is where someone from out of the area/state has bought an old place from someone who moved away or passed.

I always want to tell those people that they might as well save themselves the trouble!

Comment

A fence does count as notice of "no trespassing" google Texas trespassing law.

Comment

A fence is equal to a no trespassing sign under Texas law.

Not having a sign either allows an officer that does not know the law a reason not to take action or if he knows it, an alibi to the property owner on why he isn’t taking action. Paperwork and an arrest take up time.

It is similar for a DA who has a big case load and routinely looks for reasons not to take cases.

A sign kind of takes that excuse out of the equation.

In my opinion.

Comment

Cutting a thiefs hand off when he gets caught is an old Chinese tradition...... just sayin.

Comment

I don't have a fence so in 18 months I've had 2-3 vehicles roll in, someone on horseback, and one man walk by a feeder. They aren't thieves I guess since no camera that took their picture was stolen. I put up one sign at the main entrance and no visitors since then. I got a pic of a guy in front of my trucks in my driveway in Houston. Called the police and gave them the photo and the officer told me to put up no trespassing sign in my driveway or if someone was caught the charges could be dismissed

Comment

Well I'm old fashion and a fence or gate means stop. I have no reason to cross over for a Monster buck or to see what is on their 50 plus acres. our total in 4 counties is over 6 k acres.

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
                                Well I'm old fashion and a fence or gate means stop. I have no reason to cross over for a Monster buck or to see what is on their 50 plus acres. our total in 4 counties is over 6 k acres.
                                Didn't say you did. But those folks do exist even if they have all the land in the county.

Comment

Working...
                                X