Vehicle searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    Good luck. I've got so many tools, hardware, plumbing and electrical parts in there they would have a blast laughing at what they found.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    They won't find anything illegal but it will take them hours to go thru all the stuff I have under and behind my backseat. The guys at the lease laugh at me until they need something. They joke about me having the kitchen sink.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
      so you prefer to itentionally waste their time because you think it is funny?
      Yep pretty much because they will have no good reason to want to search my vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
        So what if you are part of the 14% that the dog alerts on and there are no drugs in the car? If you tear the car up searching and don't find anything is the city/state responsible for the damage or is it time for the driver to lawyer up?
        I'll try to explain. Courts say only accuracy is training. Training accuracy is in contained environments. Street accuracy is different. I stop someone, dog alerts, driver says never been dope in the car. Dog says odor in the car. Who do I believe? Dog. People lie to us all the time. Most of the time when dog alerts and nothing found driver/occupants admit there was dope in the car recently, some folks refuse to admit. Does that mean the dog is wrong? No, training in controlled environments is the ONLY way to prove the dogs accuracy, and that's what the courts go by.

I don't " tear the car up searching". I do a thorough search, but everything is replaced to it's location in most cases.

Comment

Okay, so I have to tell about one vehicle search many years ago. We got a call to local gas station that car was parked at pumps and the man and woman had been in the restroom for an hour. We arrived, found them passed out in the restroom a d arrested them. We impounded the car and druing a "short search," I decided the heck with it as the people were living out of the car. My partner was staying with the vehicle and had the male prisoner and I started toqards the jail with the woman. Half way there, she started crying and talking about her husband. I told her he would be booked when he arrived with the other officer. She cried more and said that the man in custody was her boyfriend and that her husband was dead and he was under the pile of crap in the backseat.

I immediately turned around and drove quickly back to the car. I then started a ml ore thorough search and didn't find a body. I spoke with her again and after a few minutes of rambling about how she had killed her husband and his body was in the car, it was learned that he had died of natural causes, but she had cheated on him and that is "how she killed him." And then we discovered an urn in the backseat, which contained his ashes.

So, that vehicle search was worthless. Oh and did I mention when we got the call. We only had 30-minutes left in the shift.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I got pulled over in Ne coming out of Co , Leo said I was driving eradic . I ask him if my eradic driving was on his dash cam, of course he said. Then he wants to search my truck I told him if he gets a warrant he can search whatever the warrant allows , he got really mad then called for a drug dog. 30 min later the dog arrives , I tell the officer that im going to film so they don't command the dog to do a false positive. Now they are both ******. The dog did not hit on anything. I now ask how long it will take for him to get a warrant while I'm laughing at him, he is really really mad now. After a few more choice words are exchanged he tells me to hurry up and get out of Ne.

Comment

Back when George Bush was moving to Dallas, I got pulled over on the way to work one morning. It was a Dallas PD and 2 secret service agents. I got questioned about what I was doing in the area at 2:30 in the morning. They searched my truck and I was on my way. A little bit of a delay, but no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                so you prefer to itentionally waste their time because you think it is funny?
                I'd argue who's wasting whose time here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I got pulled over one time with a buddy in my truck when I was driving to go to work offshore. My buddy was black. The officer asked if he could search my truck after he pulled both of us out and questioned us separately about where we were going. I told the officer no. He asked what I had to hide. I said nothing....but you are going to drag all my crap out of the truck and leave it for me to put up once you have wasted all our time. He let us go and said good day.

Can't help put think he pulled us over just because my passenger was black. I was doing 72 in a 70. Never been asked to step out, or if I can have my vehicle searched since that day.

Comment

That would be a big no. Sad how many are more then willing to throw their rights away.

Comment

P: "Sir, do you consent to me searching your vehicle?"

M: "No."

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                        Ok I will play. What about an open air search with a K-9?
                        Look up Rodriquez V US.

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                          What's your question, I'm not following? What about searching a vehicle, sometimes its lawful, other times its not. Just FYI, having a DL and operating a vehicle on the basis of being a privilege and not a right has nothing to do with vehicle searches and the 4th Amendment.

If you are asking if we would allow a random search of our vehicle's without probable cause, my answer would be "no". I'm a PO and I would not submit to the search of my vehicle on the side of the road during a typical traffic stop. I have asked for consent to search thousands of vehicles during my career, if someone says no and I have nothing else, I don't take it personally. Its your right as a US citizen.
                          Thanks. Exactly my thinking too.

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
                            I got pulled over in Ne coming out of Co , Leo said I was driving eradic . I ask him if my eradic driving was on his dash cam, of course he said. Then he wants to search my truck I told him if he gets a warrant he can search whatever the warrant allows , he got really mad then called for a drug dog. 30 min later the dog arrives , I tell the officer that im going to film so they don't command the dog to do a false positive. Now they are both ******. The dog did not hit on anything. I now ask how long it will take for him to get a warrant while I'm laughing at him, he is really really mad now. After a few more choice words are exchanged he tells me to hurry up and get out of Ne.
                            That was a violation of your rights. Took too long to get dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                              That was a violation of your rights. Took too long to get dog.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodrig..._United_States
                              this was a k9 officer that stopped the car and chose to wait for his backup before performing his k9 search. from reading the no doubt credible wikipedia page you provided, it sounds like the officer may not have articulated his reasonable suspicion for wanting to search well enough for the courts.

the last time i ran my dog and searched a car before my backup got there turned in to me watching the driver of the car running through a field and into some woods and never being seen again because i had to stay with his buddy (who didnt try to get away) and the 5lbs of meth i just found in the trunk. nothing worse than a k9 officer watching a suspect running through about 200 yards of open field with his partner on lead and not being able to deploy him.

i havent had a dog in 3 years, i am sure flyby could answer this better but it didnt matter how long it took me to get there, even if i was being called out of bed in the middle of the night, as long as reasonable suspicion can be articulated and the call to the k9 was made within a reasonable time within the stop, and after being called i made every effort to get there promptly.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                this was a k9 officer that stopped the car and chose to wait for his backup before performing his k9 search. from reading the no doubt credible wikipedia page you provided, it sounds like the officer may not have articulated his reasonable suspicion for wanting to search well enough for the courts.

the last time i ran my dog and searched a car before my backup got there turned in to me watching the driver of the car running through a field and into some woods and never being seen again because i had to stay with his buddy (who didnt try to get away) and the 5lbs of meth i just found in the trunk. nothing worse than a k9 officer watching a suspect running through about 200 yards of open field with his partner on lead and not being able to deploy him.

i havent had a dog in 3 years, i am sure flyby could answer this better but it didnt matter how long it took me to get there, even if i was being called out of bed in the middle of the night, as long as reasonable suspicion can be articulated and the call to the k9 was made within a reasonable time within the stop, and after being called i made every effort to get there promptly.
                                So your telling me Rodriquez V USA is not real because I gave a wiki page? Really? I doubt their info also occasionally. OK...
                                How about this one?

Did they not go over this at the academy? Reasonable amount of time. 30 mins is too long to wait for a K9.

Hey I am glad LEO do their jobs and it is a job I do not want. I pray for my son every day he leaves for work with that badge on that he comes home safe. But from my point of view...Rules are rules and laws are laws. Where does one set of laws become MORE righteous that another set of laws? Why would a honest LEO want to trick or lie(its legal) someone out of their rights?

Comment

Working...
                                X