No announcement yet.

Under $5 Stocks To Buy? Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also made about 30k on a dead cat bounce on Lehman when it went under.

Comment

Before you download robIn hood PM me! I’ll get you free stocks

Comment

Little off topic...

Anyone got some good literature for me to read for just getting in to it? I have a solid/stable retirement between my 401k and company stock. I understand them pretty well. I consider myself an intelligent guy. Engineer by trade. Understand math and numbers. Just need to do some reading and learn the lingo, etc then slowly get my feet wet.

Mainly looking at books to read. But not opposed to articles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
          Little off topic...

Anyone got some good literature for me to read for just getting in to it? I have a solid/stable retirement between my 401k and company stock. I understand them pretty well. I consider myself an intelligent guy. Engineer by trade. Understand math and numbers. Just need to do some reading and learn the lingo, etc then slowly get my feet wet.

Mainly looking at books to read. But not opposed to articles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I like to refer people to bogleheads.org. Lots of great info in the forums and they maintain their own Wiki page which is FULL of great info along with recommended books. Random Walk Down Wall Street, Little Book of Common Sense investing...etc

Comment

I bought some Groupon (GRPN) hoping they have reinvented themselves with a new CEO and programs. It's a risky one. I had bought some SQ around $9 bucks and sold when it got to $14 then it dropped. I thought, man I made a great decision. Today it is over $42/share. That was over a year ago. So you can find stocks under $10 or $5 but a lot of times they are down there for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
              I bought some Groupon (GRPN) hoping they have reinvented themselves with a new CEO and programs. It's a risky one. I had bought some SQ around $9 bucks and sold when it got to $14 then it dropped. I thought, man I made a great decision. Today it is over $42/share. That was over a year ago. So you can find stocks under $10 or $5 but a lot of times they are down there for a reason.

Congratulations on your profit! You did well, so don't lament over leaving money on the table. SQ was losing money when you bought it at $9, when you sold it at $14, and is still losing money today with a price of $42:

One can buy a lot of profitable companies with consistent earnings growth for $42. Successful investing includes risk management and analyzing the companies' fundamentals.

I have been in the investment business for 25 years, and I still don't understand why it makes sense to buy a company that is losing/bleeding money consistently with no profit in sight. No question that people make money speculating on stocks, but I don't think many folks realize that the company they are buying is actually not making a profit. Many penny stock companies don't even have revenues.

Do your research and know what you are buying and how much risk you are willing to take.

Comment

its not under $5, but I bought LGND and its been performing well

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                  I just bought some shares in Novavax (NVAX) this morning at $1.64. They work on flu vaccines, and received a $89mil grant from Bill Gates foundation and granted a fast track from the FDA.

Bezinga just raised their target price rating from $2.25 to $10.00
                  Starting to look better

Comment

Yes sir. Up 9% today and around 25% since I bought.

Comment

just bought 100 shares of NVAX thanks to you guys, hopefully it keeps going up!

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
                        just bought 100 shares of NVAX thanks to you guys, hopefully it keeps going up!
                        I hope so too. They are supposed to release data on their clinical trials for the new flu vaccine they are testing in February. Depending on that it could go either way

Comment

I bought a 1000 shares of NVAX. Hopefully some good news will come out.

Comment

If they bomb this clinical trial, I may end up persona non gratis on here.

I'm hoping there is great news from it and it turns into a buyout from one of the big guys. But it is still a hope

Comment

lol, It looks pretty good to me. I bought 1000 SRPT a year ago for 10 bucks a share. I made a good profit off this one. If we knew what the market would do we would be rich. This was from an existing 401K account that I transferred from old 401K.

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                              If they bomb this clinical trial, I may end up persona non gratis on here.

I'm hoping there is great news from it and it turns into a buyout from one of the big guys. But it is still a hope

Comment

Check out XXII. looking good!

Comment

Working...
                                X