Barn Door Coffee Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barn Door Coffee Table

The wife had been wanting to fill a void spot in our kitchen and wanted a coffee bar. So, I built this for her.
    Attached Files

Looks nice. Is that shelf on the wall made from an old piano?

Comment

I'm not sure. My wife bought that at a craft show.

Comment

You make us lazy guys look bad.

Very nice work.

Comment

That looks great. Do you mind me asking how much time and money you have in it? I've been thinking about making an entertainment stand like that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
            That looks great. Do you mind me asking how much time and money you have in it? I've been thinking about making an entertainment stand like that soon.
            I probably have about $100 in material invested. Since we wanted it to have that old country look, we just used regular yellow pine for everything except the shelves. For the shelves I used regular old cedar fence pickets to get the rough cut look. The most expensive part of the whole build was the hardware for the barn doors.

I built it a few hours at a time over a few days, but I'd say I could have possibly knocked it out in a solid day if I was able to just get after it. But, this thing is built like a tank with pocket holes at every connection.

Comment

That's pretty cool

Comment

Originally posted by aggie82josh View Post
                I probably have about $100 in material invested. Since we wanted it to have that old country look, we just used regular yellow pine for everything except the shelves. For the shelves I used regular old cedar fence pickets to get the rough cut look. The most expensive part of the whole build was the hardware for the barn doors.

I built it a few hours at a time over a few days, but I'd say I could have possibly knocked it out in a solid day if I was able to just get after it. But, this thing is built like a tank with pocket holes at every connection.
                Where did you find the hardware? I am building my daughter one and cannot find that hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntz View Post
                  Where did you find the hardware? I am building my daughter one and cannot find that hardware.
                  My brother bought a kit from Amazon for about $30. It didn't have the rail, so he bought a piece of steel flat bar that was the size he wanted and painted it black to match. He may have paid an extra $10-$15 for the bar, I'm not sure.

Comment

Very cool project.

Comment

Cool

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntz View Post
                        I believe we found it on amazon. I just made sure to buy the kit that had a flat bar longer than what I needed. Then just cut the flat bar down to size.

Comment

Working...
                        X