No announcement yet.

CC Concealment Guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In between appointments today I stopped by an ag supply place that sell's weapons. I tried on at least 20 holsters with 5 different pistols. Ended up buying a M&P Shield in 9 with a VersaCarry IWB. It feels "normal" and is sturdy. I shouldn't have to buy a new wardrobe either!!

Comment

I carry a Glock 23 in a Texas Heritage IWB holster (at about the 4 - 430 position) and a stiffened gun belt, both by Tucker Gunleather in Houston. These are some of the finest craftsmanship you will find and the gentlemen will bend over backwards to make you happy. I have been carrying every day for the last nine years using this combination with absolutely no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by ram6256 View Post
        Might look at Sneaky Pete's. They have a system for almost any weapon. Belt NEEDs to be double thickness and heavily stitched to hold up to the wear and tear.
        Roy
        I like mine.

Comment

I've tried a bunch of different holsters but learned if it's not comfortable, then I won't bother carrying. I dress with jeans, boots, and an Under Armour type golf shirt every day. An ankle holster has been my solution for several years. After a few weeks, you won't notice it. I carry a Glock 43 in a holster like this

Pic just now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
            Also, if you're just starting out carrying let me give you a couple more bits of advice.

1. You're gonna need a new belt made to carry a weapon. Standard belts not made for weapon carrying will not cut the mustard and will make carrying a PITA. Theres a ton of different options out there to fit every style so look at a bunch and find what suits your style the best.

2. Get a kydex holster.

3. Carrying a gun is NOT supposed to be comfortable, it is however supposed to be comforting. So give it some time and stick with it and try different options. Once you figure out what types of belts/guns/holsters work for you you'll forget it's there. Rarely, do CC'ers find the perfect setup on the first try. Most of us have a safe full of guns and a drawer full of holster and belts that we don't/rarely use.

This man speaks the truth.

I fought what I thought was a sturdy belt for 2 years and then got a true gun belt and it was night and day!

In your boot may as well be in your purse as both are a huge tactical disadvantage.

Adjust your dress to untucked Polo's or better yet untucked button up shirts and OWB instantly becomes comfortable and very concealable.

Comment

Look at the " smart carry". I wear it no matter what I have on. Works with or with out a belt, shorts, trunks no shirt, sweats, dress slacks, jeans. I have not found any thing that I wear, that I am not able to carryand no one knows, even with out a shirt. I normally don't tuck my shirt, but when I wear dress slacks and nice shirt. I just tuck my shirt under the " belt" on the holster. And I can't really carry in my pocket, as I have to much other stuff in them. I have other holsters but can't wear them with every thing, so this has become my normal carry 100% of the time, summer and winter.

Comment

I carry a glock 26 in a sneaky pete. I like that I can carry concealed outside the pants with my shirt tucked in and I have easy access to my firearm. I have only been asked what it is once and I just told them it was a case for my tablet. I use it on a regular western belt. Stands up well to abuse too.

Comment

I wear a polo shirt tucked in every day and jeans. I wear a brave response holster and carry a glock 43 at 4 o'clock. I know it's there and it seems obvious, but I'm in sales and am in and out of offices every day and nobody has ever noticed.

Comment

Check out the wallet holsters designed for the subcompact 380.Fits in your back pocket just like your wallet.It has a a hole in it to access the trigger.Does not imprint and by time the bad guy realizes its not your wallet your handing him its too bad for him.I have used one for years.It is so comfortable to wear it is easy to forget you have it so be careful to remember to remove it when you go to places where you are not allowed to carry.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                      Wear a black gun belt and no one will ever notice them. My Comptac have the same clips.
                      I use iwb holsters that the clips go behind the belt and you can't see them

To all that say it won't be comfortable I did agree the right belt and holster and I carry a shield and full size 1911(not at the same time) and they are invisible and I don't even notice them. My holsters are by talon out if Florida I love them.
                      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by TxKronik; 09-08-2017, 06:14 AM.

Comment

I use a billfold holster for my P238 that I made myself. If some gang banger demands my wallet then I will give it to him. This thing ain't purdy but it works and fits in front or back pocket of most of my pants and short legged britches.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by muzzlebrake; 09-08-2017, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fullsizeaggie View Post
                          I use an alien gear iwb for a keltec pf9. About as comfortable as can be. I keep my front clip at the first belt loop, pistol at 3 oclock. I like the alien gear as it is wider and not as bunched up. A little love handle and a slight gut helps!
                          I do this with my Shield .40 in an Alien gear holster, or a cheap desantis iwb holster in the appendix position. Comfortable, and quick to access.

Also, I dress the same way as the OP. No problems concealing in wrangler jeans and a tucked in shirt.

Comment

With a good belt, holster and right position you can carry just about anything. My regular carry guns are a Glock 19 in a TT Gunleather XC Slim or Crossbreed Supertuck, and a Glock 26 in a Vedder light tuck. from T-shirts and shorts to dress clothes Both are easy to conceal and are comfortable (relative to have a gun on your hip).

Good Belt, good holster, wear it until you get used to it.

Comment

There really isn't a way to do it that is comfortable in my opinion. Take karate instead

Comment

Take a look at Kangaroo Carry.

Our Standard 3 Holster has an adjustable shoulder strap and is made for small to medium sized handguns. Visit our website today to view our product details.

Comment

Working...
                                X