Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draw hunts, what are y'all putting in for and did you draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I don't understand is the hunters that get drawn for the hunts and then only hunt the morning and evening, I hunt all day and see deer all day a lot of the time, not always legal to shoot deer but if a legal deer shows I try to take it. Some of these hunts only give you 1 full day of hunting.

Comment

FYI cancellation of that atlanta state park hunt is a possibility every year, been canelled the last two. Kinda sorry they keep taking entry fees for it...

Dear Public Hunter,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Youth Deer Either Sex hunt scheduled for Jan. 14-16, 2017 has been cancelled. Loyalty Points will be restored for all confirmed youth hunters.

Because of recent flooding at Wright Patman lake, the United State Army Corp of Engineers has decided to conduct an extensive logging operation within the boundaries of Atlanta State Park. The United State Army Corp of Engineers has estimated that near 90% of the Shortleaf Pines inundated by the flood are now infested with pine beetles or other invertebrates and will die within the calendar year. Unfortunately this logging operation will extensively if not completely affect the hunt area on the Park.

TPWD’s Public Hunting Program apologies for any inconvenience or hardship these cancellations may cause. You can reach the Public Hunting Program Mon-Fri. 8:00 am to 5:00 pm at 800/792-1112, menu 5 or 512/389-4505.

Sincerely,

Kelly Edmiston

Public Hunting Program
      Private Lands and Public Hunting Program
      Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
      800/792-1112

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        FYI cancellation of that atlanta state park hunt is a possibility every year, been canelled the last two. Kinda sorry they keep taking entry fees for it...
        Do they refund you the money when they cancel the hunt?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            No
            Oh, I did not know that. Leave it up to the government to canvel stuff and tell you... too bad so sad, maybe next time. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by j_chaserman1 View Post
              RG how is it out there? Been wanting to take a week and make the drive and try it out there. But if going to do it better get it done this last year and season I'm here.
              I make the trip every year at least twice a year and stay a week each time. When I lived there, I would not get home till dark at least three days out of the week and when the muflon were there it would be as many times as possible in the week. LOL,, Really enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                Oh, I did not know that. Leave it up to the government to canvel stuff and tell you... too bad so sad, maybe next time. LOL.

They don't take money for youth hunts. So there is no money to refund. They will refund permit fees if hunt is cancelled.

Comment

A buddy and I got drew tags for Auodad in Palo Duro. We're looking forward to a hard, cold hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by 1-taylormade View Post
                    A buddy and I got drew tags for Auodad in Palo Duro. We're looking forward to a hard, cold hunt!
                    Congratulations, I have never hunted there but they are keen animals. I would get comfortable with a 60 yard shot just in case I had to take one

Comment

Im assumming we will hear Tuesday afternoon for todays deadline draw.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                        Im assumming we will hear Tuesday afternoon for todays deadline draw.
                        That was kind of my thought.

Comment

Yup, probably Tuesday

Comment

Gus, Nannie, Chaparral and now LANWR!

Comment

I drew private lands antlerless at McMullen County Ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                                I drew private lands antlerless at McMullen County Ranch.
                                Congrats! Pending 2nd draw for me on Private Lands Either Sex.
                                Last edited by NDN98; 09-02-2017, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X