• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks great, good luck!

Comment

Looks great

Comment

now lets see some pics with of some hogs in there!!

Comment

How does it get triggered?

Comment

The trigger is a 2 X 4 that is 4 foot long. It has been sawed in half about the 2 foot point. There is a fence staple at the top of one of the boards. When the gate is open it is propped against the top of the door and a cross brace. A cable is tied to the fence staple then runs across the trap to t-post that is leaned against the back of the trap. When a hog walks the fence he will knock over the t-post pulling the 2X4s apart dropping the gate.

Here is a quick drawing if it makes sense. I will try to take a picture next time I am up there. When I am not there I leave a solid 2x4 in its place this keeps the gate open and allows the hogs to come and go at will.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trap.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	23884946

Comment

Looks good

Comment

will the wood last against a big pic or is it reinforced with something i cant see

Comment

I haven't been able to set it yet. but the door is just about 2 inches thick. Single sheet doubled. The side rails are six inches thick. I will only be able to use it weekends while I am there so at most a pig is only going to spend the night. I have a firm believe that if a big pig wants out it can get out, or it will die trying. my hope is in the dark he will stay somewhat calm until I show up with a gun to dispatch him. Really its all a learning process, I will be sure to update everyone if it works or fails and how it failed.

Comment

Oink, oink, oh crap!

Comment

I think that will do the job

Comment

Nice job

Comment

nice

Comment

you might wont to put a t post on the outside were you stapled the wire to the wood on each side and tie it to the panel ...The traps we have that shape get hit and busted there the most ...we put t-post there and stop them from bustin out

Comment

Thanks. I need to move the trap. I have caught six in it at once. However this trap is wet more than dry in this location. kind of a pain to work with/ in around. I am guessing the mud has also stopped them from getting the momentum to hit the sides hard enough to damage them.

Comment

any with broken backs yet

Comment

Working...
                                X