No announcement yet.

Arctic Blast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is the next model run? It seems like every other model run eliminates then adds back the precip. Yesterday morning, forecast snow. Yesterday evening, no snow. This morning, snow. This evening, no snow lol.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
      When is the next model run? It seems like every other model run eliminates then adds back the precip. Yesterday morning, forecast snow. Yesterday evening, no snow. This morning, snow. This evening, no snow lol.
      GFS runs every 6 hours, so midnight eastern, I think the NAM runs every 12 hrs, not sure on the CMC.

The precip variable is going to be uncertain for a few more days. It would be more clear if we had a big upper level disturbance coming in from the Pacific, but we don’t.

Comment

In for updates

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          That was 1983 when Galveston Bay had a light glaze of ice over it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          We had something like 35 days straight where we never got above freezing in the Panhandle. That was nuts.

Comment

The National Weather Service just put out a special weather statement for the possibility of freezing precipitation on Sunday afternoon/evening for central Texas. Looks like a higher chance as you get closer to the Red river.

Comment

Icy roads are really gonna test the driving abilities of all the drunks out on the roads.

Poor favor'

Comment

Gonna get some outside fun tomorrow before it hits us.
                Supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  tag...Johnny, you think it will bring the wet stuff to the deep border?? I'm guessing it will hit new year eve down here??
                  Highly uncertain on the moisture. Heck models didn't even pick up on the snow event on December 7th and when they did, it was a day or two before when they did show the possibilities. I don't believe any of the global models showed the snow, only the short term high resolution models.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well dang it - I was planning on driving out to hunt Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. (gotta be home Sunday afternoon) They are now calling for freezing drizzle starting at dawn Sunday. The way I-20 turns into an ice rink out west of here I may not not risk it. Fingers crossed that the forecast changes again by tomorrow.

Comment

they have already started putting out deicer on the roadways here in Grayson county

Comment

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
                        they have already started putting out deicer on the roadways here in Grayson county
                        They were doing that this morning in Lubbock around Loop 289!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
                          That seems to be a sure sign nothing will happen. When the gov does nothing, things happen. When they don’t, things happen.

Comment

They did 287 around Rhome yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I20 was ice prepped from Arlington to Lindale yesterday. 35E and 287 were prepped today. At least if it happens there will be some prep.

Comment

Been driving a lot past few days and major highways have all been prepped. At least it won’t be a total debacle if it does get nasty.

Comment

Working...
                                X