Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hunted or will be hunting Bastrop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it's back to work
    Attached Files

Comment

Dang well hate it was a rough hunt. Was hoping you guys were going to lay some meat over.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
        Dang well hate it was a rough hunt. Was hoping you guys were going to lay some meat over.
        I think only one deer was taken as of yesterday.

I am heading out there after lunch to pick up my stuff and I will ask the Cullen what the final counts were.

Comment

Yea pretty slim. Let us know the counts please

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

5 doe. 2 hogs.

Comment

If they want to kill 90 like they said they need to let us hunt the campsites

Comment

I only saw 3 deer and 1 hog the last evening. All we're 400+ yards away. I had my camper out there and didn't want to load and drive home in the freezing temps so I called it quits and didn't hunt the last morning. James (pasture next to me) said I made a good decision, he didn't see anything the last morning. All in all I had a great time, I didn't leave empty handed and saw a lot of wildlife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jpeck19 View Post
                  I only saw 3 deer and 1 hog the last evening. All we're 400+ yards away. I had my camper out there and didn't want to load and drive home in the freezing temps so I called it quits and didn't hunt the last morning. James (pasture next to me) said I made a good decision, he didn't see anything the last morning. All in all I had a great time, I didn't leave empty handed and saw a lot of wildlife.

What you get to take home?

Comment

Just the doe I shot on day one. I could have shot several others but kept waiting. Same with the pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                      If they want to kill 90 like they said they need to let us hunt the campsites

Might let them know other state parks do that, only been having hunts there a few years they are new at this, gotta put the blinds were the deer are...

Comment

In my opinion hunting where the campsites are would result in less opportunity. I stayed in a campsite for this hunt. There is zero cover or forage. That place was hit hard during the wildfires of 2011.

Comment

Got in on standby today and even got drawm in same hunting area 7.

Comment

Pics

Comment

Hunted Bastrope

I hunted standby at Bastrope. Saw pigs and deer everyday, miss judge size of pigs second afternoon, Ranger said they were the "brothers" that hung out along the highline running through the park. He said they would go over 400lbs. Every time I saw deer they were running, a few seconds after they passed, coyotes came to look at me. The last day I threw rocks at them, couldn't shoot them.
                              I would hunt there again.

Comment

Anyone hunt Los Rincones 2018 ?

I did not kill, but did see many animals deer and Aoudads.
                                I had surgery last August on my back, having to learn how to do many things again. Could not draw a bow till now.
                                I have been trying to use a crossbow this year. I have never had to deal with string jumping in 40 years of hunting till now. I did not believe a crossbow was so load. The deer I shot at and the Aoudads acted like they were in the "Matrix", just side stepped my shots. I really couldn't believe what I saw.
                                Next year I'll be using a bow.
                                I like the crossbows I have, but I cannot quiet them enough, even using 300 grain broadheads, which helped more than the silencer systems.

Have any of y'all had string jumping issues?

Comment

Working...
                                X