Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draw hunts, what are y'all putting in for and did you draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by medic1042 View Post
    its above my post in subject

Dan Allen Hughes - Devils River ( NOT Del Norte )

thanks!
    My son was also draw this hunt Devels River Dan Allen Hughes Dec 16-19 trying to find info on the place myself

Comment

Didn't get drawn on the gator hunts. Waiting to see on the Kerr County hunt...

Comment

Not counting on anyof the "Pending" hunts changing, so have to cross my fingers on some success on a gun hunt.

Comment

getting close

Comment

Devils River Dan Allen Unit

Originally posted by docxtc View Post
            My son was also draw this hunt Devels River Dan Allen Hughes Dec 16-19 trying to find info on the place myself

Ill pass on what I get for info to help you.. Hope our kids are successful!

Comment

Originally posted by medic1042 View Post
              Ill pass on what I get for info to help you.. Hope our kids are successful!
              Yes sir I will pass on any info as well I think our kids will have a great time hunting out there.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Results are in for me..... Didn't get selected for James Daughtrey, Chaparral, Choke Canyon, Government Canyon or Las Palomas. Still pending others. Push comes to shove if I don't selected for anything, I will just have to make trips to Amistad more often.

Comment

Nothing pulled through on the pending 2nd draws. Hopefully get selected for the hunts with the later draw dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No, we were pending the second draw and today it showed "Not Selected".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess it's safe to assume the Aransas Pass and Matagorda Island hunts won't be taking place this year

Comment

I got drawn on 2nd chance for the gun-antlerless/spike Lake Brownwood hunt in December. Looks interesting but success rate is only about 30% which means of the 12 only 4 will get deer. Will see.

I too am not a fan of the NWR being in the draws now did Balcones before in system and now can't get back on it for nothing.

Did get out to the Lake Waco draw Saturday and the rain did keep the s of lakes home. 109 permits holders showed up for 110 spots. Last year with nice weather was probably 180 people for 116 spots.

Wish everyone the best of luck with the remainder of draws you have in and on your seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                          Results are in for me..... Didn't get selected for James Daughtrey, Chaparral, Choke Canyon, Government Canyon or Las Palomas. Still pending others. Push comes to shove if I don't selected for anything, I will just have to make trips to Amistad more often.
                          RG how is it out there? Been wanting to take a week and make the drive and try it out there. But if going to do it better get it done this last year and season I'm here.

Comment

Originally posted by j_chaserman1 View Post
                            I got drawn on 2nd chance for the gun-antlerless/spike Lake Brownwood hunt in December. Looks interesting but success rate is only about 30% which means of the 12 only 4 will get deer. Will see.
                            I have been putting in and doing these hunts since the early 90's. I have been drawn on a lot of hunts during these years. When I pick and choose the places I want to put in, I don't even factor in the success rate. To me, all that means, is that hunt had people who either didn't know how to hunt, couldn't shoot, or decided not to shoot.
                            So, if you factor in the success rate when you apply for these hunts, you are messing up. Out of all the hunts I went on, there was only one hunt where I didn't see a thing. Think there was only one or 2 deer killed on that hunt, where the year before, my brother ended up killing 3 out of the stand he was in.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                              I don't even factor in the success rate. To me, all that means, is that hunt had people who either didn't know how to hunt, couldn't shoot, or decided not to shoot.
                              So, if you factor in the success rate when you apply for these hunts, you are messing up. Out of all the hunts I went on, there was only one hunt where I didn't see a thing. Think there was only one or 2 deer killed on that hunt, where the year before, my brother ended up killing 3 out of the stand he was in.
                              Sqiggy.. Good information and I hadn't even looked at the success rate until after I was drawn for it.. It would be nice for analysis purposes to see success rates going back 10 years, but do have a good point that the people drawn and where they are put do play a big part in the success of the hunt.
                              Thanks

Comment

My Son-in-law, his buddy and I put in for 20 hunts and so far was drawn for Atlanta SP and Fairfield SP on the 2nd draw, still have 9 more to go.
                                Last edited by furtrapper; 08-28-2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X