No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang top, you got deer brother.....Get that golden ticket...you've been putting in the time...you Will have your day

Comment

Got settled in at 6am. Muggy and quiet...we shall see.

Comment

Any luck

Comment

Quiet!! But just what I needed. Man was it warm with plenty of mosquitoes. Glad I had my thermacel in my blind. Was out of there at 10am.

Comment

Got a new bow. Gonna have to put my hat in the ring for this this next year!!

Comment

Come on!! See you in july

Comment

I'm gonna go out in morning, although I've been out of town and with Christmas, haven't been in 2 weeks so I'm sure no corn is there but I'll refill after sit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw some nice bucks at a field in Cedar Park I frequent with my camera in hopes of getting some good pictures and tonight (of course didn't have camera) I saw two really nice bucks on the does following them around and trying to mount them. They kept following their trail head down and at one point the big buck gave a good smack at the smaller 8 point to tell him to bug off. This continued till dark. Never seen this before and was pretty cool to see. This isn't the 2nd rut I keep hearing about is it? And if so, lake Georgetown should be on the same schedule yes? Buck fever anyone?

Comment

There are several ruts, about 28 days apart. The does that don't get bred or didn't come into heat on the first one come in 28 days later. Then it happens a third time and even a fourth time when some early fawns are mature enough to come in. That is where you see little spotted fawns way later then they should be around.

Comment

Thanks for the info...Guess that would make sense why the buck was only targeting one of 2 out of the 6-7 does. He would walk by others an not even look at them, and trail behind the ones who were probably ripe. The does were still not having it though. Interesting. Thanks

Comment

Out now

Comment

Look at Duarte puttin in the time. Get you some already homie!!

Comment

Settled in abou 30 minutes ago. Let's see if I can get a good start on New Years Eve...Dang it's hot!!! And I forgot my flashlight in the car....oops!! Good luck to all trying for their golden ticket doe.still have 4 weeks to get it done...Happy new year my friends.

Comment

Just got back from setting up my stand. Gonna try different strategy these last 4 weeks.

It was warm out there
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X