Got a big one today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a big one today

Went to lease to fill feeders, got there at 7:55am, killed this old boy at 8:25am, hadn't even got to first feeder yet, it was a very tense day but I got them all filled, you guys be carful out there, going to be a bad one for these things this year, this makes 4 I have already seen, first one to kill, had 11 rattlers.

God Bless
    Bish
    Attached Files

Pretty nice sized one. What's he on, a catch pole or something?

Comment

Glad you saw it first!! I am thinking it's going to be a bad year as well..

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        Pretty nice sized one. What's he on, a catch pole or something?
        It's a selfie stick. The snake took the picture!

Comment

No catch pole, its a rack handle, drilled a hole in it and drove a long tent stake in it, made it a catch pole I guess

God Bless
          Bish

Comment

Glad you got it before it got you.

Comment

Wow! How long is that guy? Pretty snake but sure hate when they surprise you!

Comment

Great work sir!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Big snake
                  Glad you safe

Comment

Good job. Just be careful handling after you think they are dead. Guy in Corpus Christi cut the head off and an hour later went to pick it up and got bit. 20 plus units of antivenom later he is ok.

Comment

Glad you saw him, that’s a bunch of snake.

Comment

Nice hatband, or belt.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good size snake, looks hungry too. Are you going to Tan the skin?

Comment

I wouldn't start a fire in that country... looks as bad as our place.

Comment

Just wondering

with all the pictures of big coon tails being posted how many have seen an Indigo snake consuming a rattler? I had the chance to see it once. We were hunting quail on the salt flats between Brownsville and Port Isabel
                              when i came a cross an Indigo finishing off its meal. I have to admit it was kind of spooky. Reminded me of Charleton Heston and the Ten Comanments. Quite a few years later I worked on a ranch between Riviera and Falfurrias and there were some huge Indigo on there. One of the ranch hands who had been on this ranch for some said he had never seen a diamond back there and I didn't see one in the time I was there. I moved up to a ranch north of Premont and while I didn't see any Indigo's I did run into several rather large coon tails. I'm don't know how common Indigo's are. They used to be fairly common but I don't think that is the case anymore. Some one ran over one just down the road from the house a few weeks ago. Probably didn't know what it was. Not all snakes are bad snakes. Be careful out there..

Comment

Working...
                              X