No announcement yet.

Maybe I'm just not tough enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't pinch or no pinch (Can't remember which) calf hair tab for 15 years but kept having to buy a new one when the hair would wear off. Then I discovered the Bateman and that has been my go to tab for the last 10 or15 years. I have about 4 of them but I have been shooting the same one for the last 4 years. I carry a couple in the truck so if I get to the range and realize I forgot and left my tab at home I will always have one. I also quit using an armguard years ago unless shooting a longbow. Just one less item I don't have to worry about forgetting. However, it is an item you don't want to forget if you shoot a longbow.
    Last edited by Straitshot; 05-24-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I stopped using a glove about 12 years ago...and have been using a SAM (Super Archery Mitt) ever since...unfortunately Martin quit making them. But I was able to pick up 3 new ones from a guy on Trad Gang. I still have my first one (still usable, but looks like heck), so these next 3 should last me until I'm in my 80's... They are just thick enough that I can shoot a lot without getting sore fingers, and flexible enough that I can still leave it on and remove arrows with it on.

Comment

Mr. Barbee...where/how can we pick up one of your tabs?

Comment

I gave up gloves 25 years ago and stopped buying tabs maybe 15 years ago. It just didn't make sense to me to keep spending good money on something that is so easy to make (Same with arrows. And strings). Marshall-style tabs have worked for many years for many archers, and they still do. Cut to wear over a thin glove (it gets cold here) they work as well or better than most factory tabs be they leather, nylon, calfhair or plastic...and it's near impossible to wear them out. I always have a few spares around that I'm breaking in...they don't wear out but do seem to grow legs (??). After years with recurves I shoot longbows most of the time now and except for cold weather an armguard isn't needed anymore (it's all in the grip).

It's funny how as years pass the things I (we?) do tend to get simpler/less complicated. Except when trying to pull heavy wool hunting pants on over long johns without falling onto the floor or farting, or worse. Nothing at all simple or funny about that, except to my wife. She thinks it's hysterical. ****ed pants.

Comment

Like Sasquach making his own cloths and tools.

I'm not there yet. For now I let someone else make it for me. I'm still busy making ends meet.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I like my dura glove but had the numb finger thing the first couple of times shooting. I don't even notice now, nor do they go numb. May just need to try a different glove. I haven't had much luck using a tab. Good luck and keep trying something till it works. Shooting should be fun, not painful. Once the fun goes, might as well shoot a compound!

Comment

I just went back to the speed glove.

Comment

On a side note I have a very lightly used medium tab and summer glove for someone.

Comment

A year ago it wore my fingers out to use that summer glove. Recently I've been mixing it in my practice sessions. Even shooting a few arrows bare fingered as well.
                    Maybe they are starting to toughen up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Still liking my Dura Glove. Can feel all the string necessary with no numbness in fingers.

Glad you're not a wimp anymore, Gary.

Comment

Working...
                      X