No announcement yet.

A bit of closure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe but name calling on the internet is not nice either.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Wounding happens.. it's part of the game. We all strive to be our best but it will happen to most of us sometime in our hunting career. We must all realize in nature there is no peaceful death. An animal either dies slowly from disease or starvation. Ran over by a vehicle or gets eaten alive by another critter. So in truth death by either a bullet or broadhead is the most humane death an animal can receive.

Comment

Originally posted by drt View Post
        maybe but name calling on the internet is not nice either.

Sent from my sm-j710mn using tapatalk
        fify

Comment

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
            wounding happens.. It's part of the game. We all strive to be our best but it will happen to most of us sometime in our hunting career. We must all realize in nature there is no peaceful death. An animal either dies slowly from disease or starvation. Ran over by a vehicle or gets eaten alive by another critter. So in truth death by either a bullet or broadhead is the most humane death an animal can receive.
            fact !!!!!

Comment

Keep us updated on this deer! I hope you get another crack at him. Heck of a buck!

Comment

Good luck getting him this year.

Comment

Thanks all. It was a relief to see his face show up on camera.

Originally posted by shortstroke 91 View Post
                  When you shoot him this year give me a holler. I'll just mark the spot on my GPS and that way I can come help you any time after that

I'll be sure and let you know when it goes down! I'll let you come skin for me and sit back and relax! [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know I should leave it alone but I can't imagine that a " lease manager " for any length of time at all has not see many many deer lost after being shot with a rifle. Something doesn't add up, I see deer that are literally blown up inside, heart, lungs and liver, by fellow hunters every year that run for a half a mile or more. Every year usually more than one are lost.

Comment

Tucking his tail and running

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                      Ran a large lease in central Texas for 22 years. This is a lease managers worst nightmare. Great example why bow hunting should be restricted on most leases.............
                      Seems like he may have tucked his tail and ran!!! Really surprised at his comment.

Comment

Ran a large lease in central Texas for 22 years. This is a lease managers worst nightmare. Great example why bow hunting should be restricted on most leases.............

This is not good stuff. Wounding an animal really blows.

Hope the OP drops the Indian stick and string method and kills this deer the next time. Wounding it twice would be disgusting..........

Hmm.... as with many whom have quoted your reply, I honestly don't know where your reply could be viewed in any way as constructive or informative ESPECIALLY since this is a BOW HUNTING forum?? But maybe I'm missing something, I don't know.

I have not had the experience you have had running a large lease for a long amount of time, but have helped guide both bow and rifle hunters on several occasions and can say the odds of wounding an animal are just as high with a rifle or a bow. I've seen guys who think because they have a rifle in their hands they paid several thousand dollars for with a scope that cost a couple grand more on top of it think they could put a hole in the moon with it, when in reality they couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if they were standing inside, right in the center of it. I've also seen guys with the most rigged out compounds shooting 350+ feet a second swearing they could hit a lid off a longneck bottle at a 100 yards not even know what pin they ended up using to shoot at a pig standing less than 15 yards away. On the flip side, I know people who could shoot anything they put their hands on (whether it be gun or bow) regardless of distance or or animal and kill everything they shoot at. Heck, last summer I witnessed my wife kill a gemsbok and a kudu with her bow less than 15 minutes apart and both fall within sight deader than a hammer. Not 20 minutes later, our PH pulls up followed by another truck loaded with people and the big time rifle hunter with his custom Mcworter rifle and Nightforce scope the size of a telescope searching for a Roan antelope he'd shot in the knee from less than 100 yards out (that we'd just seen over an hour before they showed up) that was limping away some few miles away from where he'd originally shot it! Our PH told my wife "that's the way to show these gun hunters how it's done!" as we set less than 75 yards from our blind admiring her kudu and the other group of folks drove on threw with their jaws hanging down as they went on to pursue his gun shot roan.
                        All that said, weapons are not the issue, it's the person behind them that is in control.

Onto the "Indian Stick"...
                        I know folks who shoot traditional gear that shouldn't push past 10 yards with there shots and others that I'd I know that couldn't miss regardless of how far they were shooting critters at. Some of those folks got into traditional Archery because gun hunting was to easy, or because the technical aspect of compounds became to much to deal with and became more like shooting a rifle than a bow. Within that group of folks, some are still looking for their first harvest while others have killed more critters than blue tongue with just their "Indian Sticks".
                        I'd venture to say in a years time, I shoot as many arrows as most people shoot in several years. I've been fortunate to be able to accomplish more with my longbow than I could have ever imagined and would put my shooting up against most compound shooters I know. I don't say that boasting at all, I say that because I put my time and effort in behind a talent I have I truly feel is God given that I was just lucky enough to be able to find out I had.
                        As said in my original post, I've replayed the shot i had at him last year in my head a million times over, and I honestly wouldn't change a thing I did or the type of weapon I chose to shoot at him with. I've had deer duck just like he did when I used to hunt only with compounds, so saying a different weapon would have made a difference is irrelevant. It just wasn't his time to go, and the good Lord above didn't want me to have him last year, so we'll play cat and mouse again this year and hopefully, the end result will be in my favor this time around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=MedicineMan7;12646765]Thanks all. It was a relief to see his face show up on camera.

I'll be sure and let you know when it goes down! I'll let you come skin for me and sit back and relax! [emoji16][emoji16]

Deal, but that's the payment for permission to hunt the area when ever right?

Comment

Good luck Shiloh! I hope you get another crack at him!

Johnny, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed the other day! I'm sitting here just trying to imagine what could have prompted you to type what you did?????

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good response Shiloh!! Can't wait till you post a ldp this season with him and your Indian stick!!

Comment

Man! he did blow up from last year!! Cant wait to see the LDP's
                                And, some people amaze me on this "BOW" hunting forum. Their brain must have fallen out at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X