Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool pic

Comment

Got some barn finds coming in from Grandmas house! This first one is a 72 Coleman gold bond 413G. I found some info that these must be rare and only purchased using gold bond stamps from early 70s. Any one have info or what value may be on this thing? I'll post lanterns once I get to them. I can see them but haven't dug far enough to get them yet.
      Attached Files

Comment

Another shot closed
        Attached Files

Comment

I'd have to hang on to that one Todd.

Comment

No box but never used and had this inside
            Attached Files

Comment

Picked this up for $10 today at the flea market. All I wanted was the plastic case so the lantern was a bonus even though it's in rough shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Todd View Post
                Got some barn finds coming in from Grandmas house! This first one is a 72 Coleman gold bond 413G. I found some info that these must be rare and only purchased using gold bond stamps from early 70s. Any one have info or what value may be on this thing? I'll post lanterns once I get to them. I can see them but haven't dug far enough to get them yet.

That is a huge score!!! Clean it up and hide it. That is a collectors item right there.

Comment

Near mint CLX just missing globe.

Comment

I have a question, I have a 220F that is leaking fuel from the fuel stem.
                    I already know I need to replace the packing. My question is how does the stem come out? Does it just screw out counter clock wise? I don’t want to break it, it only screws out so far then it stops.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
                      I have a question, I have a 220F that is leaking fuel from the fuel stem.

I already know I need to replace the packing. My question is how does the stem come out? Does it just screw out counter clock wise? I don’t want to break it, it only screws out so far then it stops.

Thanks

Yes the stem does unscrew and it's held in place with loc-tite. Spray liquid wrench around it and let it sit. After sitting place the fuel stem in a vice and gently twist. Be very careful not to bent the fount. It will unscrew. Just take your time.

Comment

I just took my new lantern apart.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                          Yes the stem does unscrew and it's held in place with loc-tite. Spray liquid wrench around it and let it sit. After sitting place the fuel stem in a vice and gently twist. Be very careful not to bent the fount. It will unscrew. Just take your time.

Got it out ....... thanks for the help. I thought it just unscrewed but wasn't sure and didn't want to screw it up while trying to fix it.

Just ordered my packing and will get it repaired when my parts arrive.

I bought the lantern in a Pawn shop years ago and never used it because of the leak. After I get this one going I will have 4 220 in various models working. This one is a 220K from 1980.

I have a brand new never been lit 290 from 1985 that belonged to my dad. I am never going to light this one, it just sit on the shelf. When I get around to it I will take a picture and post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
                            Got it out ....... thanks for the help. I thought it just unscrewed but wasn't sure and didn't want to screw it up while trying to fix it.

Just ordered my packing and will get it repaired when my parts arrive.

I bought the lantern in a Pawn shop years ago and never used it because of the leak. After I get this one going I will have 4 220 in various models working. This one is a 220K from 1980.

I have a brand new never been lit 290 from 1985 that belonged to my dad. I am never going to light this one, it just sit on the shelf. When I get around to it I will take a picture and post it.

Glad it worked out for you. Take a picture of your collection. I have 286a never fires and 3 burner stove never fires. Both have all the original paperwork and box.

Comment

Come got a new globe for the CLX

Comment

Picked up a Coleman 413g gold bond stove this weekend. Can't post a pic from my phone but if anyone is interested in it I am willing to part with it. Don't have a cash price but as far as trades I like single mantles or nickel lanterns. PM if interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X