Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water trough shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still some nice deer, even with the dry conditions

Comment

Getting some good rain right now in knickerbocker.

Comment

2” rain NW Irion Co

Comment

Farm logs says we got a quarter between 4 and 5 am. Hopefully they got more.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
              Man we have quite a few pigs on the west side of Water valley. Starting to get pretty common out there.

I'm in for a meet up this year [emoji1303]

Had to go and open my dadgum mouth...
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm liking this guy...I think he's young but looking good.
                Attached Files

Comment

Dang cripp that’s a solid buck there, lots of character.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                    Great looking deer. Nothing about him looks young to me though.....You obviously know your deer better then anyone but I would put him at 5 from the limited amount I can see, no younger then 4.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                      That’s a really cool buck. He looks good!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                        Great looking deer. Nothing about him looks young to me though.....You obviously know your deer better then anyone but I would put him at 5 from the limited amount I can see, no younger then 4.
                        You typed what I was thinking.....ha very solid deer.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                          Agree with you, absolutely no younger than 4 but I’d say 5.

Wes is he a main frame 8 with kickers? Do you have any full non zoomed pics you can post?

Comment

From the one pic the deer looks 6+ to me.

Comment

Matching g2 kickers on this little guy.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                                Agree with you, absolutely no younger than 4 but I’d say 5.

Wes is he a main frame 8 with kickers? Do you have any full non zoomed pics you can post?
                                This is the only picture I have of this deer, we just put cameras out. He's definitely 4 years old, and probably a little older, just need to see him in person.

A little history on this place, this is our third year. The year before we got on it wasn't hunted but we suspect in the year before that the previous lessee's wiped out all of the bucks based on the doe and 2 year old buck numbers we saw our first year. We haven't shot anything but does and cull bucks (no brow tines, 4 year old 7 points or less, etc.) trying to keep the numbers in check. I made a mistake on a "cull" wide 9 pointer last year that I thought was 5 years old but consensus among the members determined he was probably only 4 - see pics below.

I think the amount of protein we feed gives these deer bigger bodies than what I'm used to growing up hunting the hill country. We'll see if we can get some better pictures.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X