Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both teams are putting together pretty good classes and time will tell if they equate to wins. Getting them on campus is only the first step...now someone better coach them up.
    Any more word on Saban to Texas???
    Adios,
    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
      Update on Avg Star Ratings:

Texas - 15 commits - 0.9168
      Texas A&M - Top 15 Commits - 0.9414

Since they only have 15 commits, you line up our top 15 and there you have it.

Texas will have to add some depth guys to their class..... we just already have done that.

It's unrealistic to expect them to fill up with 10-4* guys from here on out....That avg will drop
      That is like taking the Top 10 teams in the SEC and comparing the Big 12's 10 teams. Anytime you have a pool of 25 guys you get to pick from vs somebody's 15 the numbers are of course going to be skewed in the favor of the team who has the bigger pool. Texas still has guys on the radar and some guys could be flipped that will increase Texas average, so its not to be assumed that Texas has to take bread the rest of the way. A&M just accepted the commitments of their bread in the summer (like Mack Brown) before the entree hit the table.

My take is beating the chest about a #2 ranked class (In the Summer) when you have more guys committed than anybody else by a good amount is funny. The more guys you have committed, the higher your ranking is going to be. Those numbers will work themselves out and at the end of the year, A&M will probably be in the 5-8 range like most have said. Still a really good class, no doubt. Not to far off from where Sumlin had the Aggies during his first years at A&M.

If A&M goes 6-6 or 7-5, then it will be interesting to see if the class sticks and they can hang on to everyone. The December signing period is going to help that. The schedule gets even tougher in 2019 for A&M, so can Fisher get it rolling early at A&M or can they weather the storm of two 6-7 win years and still keep the hype going on the 2020/2021 class.

I think Chad said it, winning solves all these issues. If he wins 9/10, then he is off and running. Same thing for Texas. If Herman can win 9/10 this year, I think this class gets better and sets up 2020 for another good year. Texas has finished second in a lot of these recruiting battles so they are in the neighborhood they just need that push to get back to winning. Texas gets back to double digit wins and they win a lot of these battles they are finishing second in.

Comment

Meh, 2018 they finished first in 11 of the top 15 recruits in Texas.

They know what they are doing. It's a small class.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            That is like taking the Top 10 teams in the SEC and comparing the Big 12's 10 teams. Anytime you have a pool of 25 guys you get to pick from vs somebody's 15 the numbers are of course going to be skewed in the favor of the team who has the bigger pool. Texas still has guys on the radar and some guys could be flipped that will increase Texas average, so its not to be assumed that Texas has to take bread the rest of the way. A&M just accepted the commitments of their bread in the summer (like Mack Brown) before the entree hit the table.

My take is beating the chest about a #2 ranked class (In the Summer) when you have more guys committed than anybody else by a good amount is funny. The more guys you have committed, the higher your ranking is going to be. Those numbers will work themselves out and at the end of the year, A&M will probably be in the 5-8 range like most have said. Still a really good class, no doubt. Not to far off from where Sumlin had the Aggies during his first years at A&M.

If A&M goes 6-6 or 7-5, then it will be interesting to see if the class sticks and they can hang on to everyone. The December signing period is going to help that. The schedule gets even tougher in 2019 for A&M, so can Fisher get it rolling early at A&M or can they weather the storm of two 6-7 win years and still keep the hype going on the 2020/2021 class.

I think Chad said it, winning solves all these issues. If he wins 9/10, then he is off and running. Same thing for Texas. If Herman can win 9/10 this year, I think this class gets better and sets up 2020 for another good year. Texas has finished second in a lot of these recruiting battles so they are in the neighborhood they just need that push to get back to winning. Texas gets back to double digit wins and they win a lot of these battles they are finishing second in.
            And these recruiting rankings are likely to mean less and less imo with the new transfer rules. The wild west is about to become a reality again!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              And these recruiting rankings are likely to mean less and less imo with the new transfer rules. The wild west is about to become a reality again!
              I'm more interested in the red shirt rule change and how Herman throws a wrench in game plans by using the 27 players he brought in last cycle with a 92.16 player average that consisted of two 5*, seventeen 4* and eight 3* prospects.
              Last edited by Chad C; 08-08-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                I'm more interested in the red shirt rule change and how Herman throws a wrench in game plans by using the 27 players he brought in last cycle with a 92.16 player average that consisted of two 5*, seventeen 4* and eight 3* prospects.
                The red shirt rule is likely to be a chess match. You will see guys in specialty roles for specific teams, circumstances, etc. Good way to get guys experience, etc. I think it will obviously help prevent injury as a general rule. I know GP has talked about using a lot of the guys on special teams(those that would normally redshirt) to help with the injury/collision factor of kickoffs and such. It's also an extra evaluation period for the coaches per se.

Transfer rule is awful IMO, what do you guys think about it?

Comment

The red shirt rule is likely to be a chess match. You will see guys in specialty roles for specific teams, circumstances, etc. Good way to get guys experience, etc. I think it will obviously help prevent injury as a general rule. I know GP has talked about using a lot of the guys on special teams(those that would normally redshirt) to help with the injury/collision factor of kickoffs and such. It's also an extra evaluation period for the coaches per se.

Transfer rule is awful IMO, what do you guys think about it?
                  The only thing that changed was coach notification, correct?

Comment

The only thing that changed was coach notification, correct?
                    I may be wrong, but I thought they didn't have to sit a year anymore?

Comment

I may be wrong, but I thought they didn't have to sit a year anymore?
                      There are conference specific rules or bylaws they still have to follow, but coaches can no longer limit where a kid can go. Big12 to Big 12 still sits.

Comment

There are conference specific rules or bylaws they still have to follow, but coaches can no longer limit where a kid can go. Big12 to Big 12 still sits.
                        Correct, but they could go from Texas to LSU and play immediately right? I could very well be misinformed on this

Comment

Correct, but they could go from Texas to LSU and play immediately right? I could very well be misinformed on this
                          Yes, but they could do that before hand except a coach may say no to LSU because they were on the future schedule. It's really not that big a deal IMHO.

Comment

Yes, but they could do that before hand except a coach may say no to LSU because they were on the future schedule. It's really not that big a deal IMHO.
                            They still had to sit a year regardless of where they transferred(grad transfers excluded) before the new rule. That was a pretty big deterrent for a lot of kids. Now they won't have to or inform anyone of their intentions. Transfers are going to exponentionally skyrocket imo. The majority of coaches are not on board with it.

Comment

2018 CFB Fall Camp Thread

I still think it only has to do with permission, schools can’t be blocked.

Still sit unless grad transfer, if you’re a grad transfer you don’t have to sit.

Beginning in October, Division I student-athletes will have the ability to transfer to a different school and receive a scholarship without asking their current

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Last edited by Chad C; 08-08-2018, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Alabama, it's coaches, and the REC already working the system

Ale Kaho (5* ILB) signed his 2018 LOI to play at Washington. He never enrolled and due to personal reasons, claims he wanted to be closer to home in Nevada. Peterson released Kaho from his LOI 2 days ago, and the kid immediately commits to ALA. Tosh Lopi and the REC had to be in communication with this kid advising a scholarship would soon be available. Kaho is illegible to play immediately and does not have to sit

Crazy how ALA loses 3 LB's in July (quit, injury, kicked off team) and Kaho just fills right in. Is it tampering ?? Who knows, but I can assure you ALA will never get caught with their hand in the cookie jar ... to much $$$ and power.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ng-to-alabama/
                                Last edited by Cajun Blake; 08-08-2018, 03:31 PM. Reason: link

Comment

Working...
                                X