No announcement yet.

$100,000 Christmas bonus for everybody!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a $10 Christmas bonus once. After taxes is was $6.56. Went to Wendy's for a spicy chicken sandwich meal, had to pay for the biggie size upgrade out of pocket.

Comment

I know someone who got it .

Comment

I know some folks that work there, there is not a lot of turn over and its a very tight nit company. Guess thats why its been successful and his employees are dedicated.

Comment

Our company doesn't give bonuses. Just visa gift cards and then take the taxes on them out of your paycheck at an almost 30% rate.

Comment

We get a longevity check each year. It's calculated on months of service times a dollar amount that increases every five years to a max of $13 per month. It's better than the $25 visa gift card my registered nurse wife gets, but even at nearly 20 years it's nowhere close to this!

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
              We're so broke, that at Christmas, all we could exchange was glances.
              Fo sho!

Comment

A friend of mine posted this this. Not sure how much is true but either way it's a awesome gesture from the boss

"What it doesn't say is that he could have saved the jobs of roughly 300 people who were laid off at the beginning of the year due to the economy and still given everyone a nice bonus. This also doesn't talk about the numerous discounts that Hilcorp is forcing on its service providers who are struggling to stay in business. Maybe he could have given them 5% back on their last invoice instead of sending emails to all of them yesterday asking for another price cut. Just food for thought. "

Comment

Saw that on the news.

Comment

I've worked for state colleges my entire career. We are lucky to get a 'cola' at the end of every fiscal year. Bonus? What is that?

Comment

That's awesome. No bonuses here, lol they did tell us we might not get paid for a month or two several times though.

Comment

That's a heck of a deal but they'll make more than that just off the good press.

I'm fortunate to work for a company that offers an ESOP and a Christmas bonus. The ESOP alone is a great reason to stick around at least until I'm fully vested (5 years).

Companies that give back to their employees reap the greatest rewards.

Comment

Nice Bonus!!! I'm a federal employee and their taking money from me at the end of the year.....

Comment

We got a 7% pay cut at my company I work for in the oil field

Comment

Originally posted by berto View Post
                              A friend of mine posted this this. Not sure how much is true but either way it's a awesome gesture from the boss

"What it doesn't say is that he could have saved the jobs of roughly 300 people who were laid off at the beginning of the year due to the economy and still given everyone a nice bonus. This also doesn't talk about the numerous discounts that Hilcorp is forcing on its service providers who are struggling to stay in business. Maybe he could have given them 5% back on their last invoice instead of sending emails to all of them yesterday asking for another price cut. Just food for thought. "
                              Why on earth would they give service providers a break?

They aren't exactly slow to go up on prices in a boom.

A company's role is to stay healthy, if that means being generous to staff and squeezing contractors, then that's what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                                Why on earth would they give service providers a break?

They aren't exactly slow to go up on prices in a boom.

A company's role is to stay healthy, if that means being generous to staff and squeezing contractors, then that's what you do.
                                Yeah there are always people finding a way to bash successful business owners no matter what they do. Ill bet all those laid off got generous severance packages. And what are you supposed to do in a prolonged downturn - keep everybody on the payroll even if there is no work for them to do?

Comment

Working...
                                X