No announcement yet.

Lease Ride Upgrade - Jeep Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought some brand new 16x8s and unfortunately, at the price point i wanted to stay at, i couldn't find any that were matte black. I roughed up the glossys and gave them a few coats.. Perfect!

Comment

We tackled the first major projects.. In the Texas heat everything about it was a little tougher that day. We removed the bed & removed the holy gas tank. We fought the bed bolts all afternoon, broke the middle two studs and couldn't find the rears. Taking the bed off was supposed to be easy..lol. didn't want to, but we removed the bumper and receiver hitch mounts and Bam.. rear bolts were hidden by the mounts. Got em off, unhooked everything with gas tank, filler hoses, muffler hanger etc and it came right off.

Comment

Cool truck. Should ride pretty good also.

Comment

Like the pics

And doing anything in this heat is an accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
            Cool truck. Should ride pretty good also.
            Thanks man! Were gonna try to set up pretty nice!

Comment

following!

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                Like the pics

And doing anything in this heat is an accomplishment.
                Thanks hopedale! We tried our best to cool from the inside out with beverages!

Comment

Following!

Comment

Got some work done on the Manche. We are doing the load sensing valve delete, disassemble the Ebrakes, remove the drive shaft etc..

We got it almost all the way done, fought with disconnecting the lines from the current prop valve, they were all really tough and in a pretty tight spot. We absolutely mangled one of the flare nuts, so that line will have to be replaced along the way to finish out the project. We used a 3/16 adapter to couple the rear lines together once we removed the valve. I'd offer the valve up for another comanche owner but it is minced rust meat.. no good and unfortunately, will be discarded.

We are replacing the rear ebrake cable for new ones the match up to the ford 8.8 so we removed the existing that didnt work anyway.

We will also be doing a slip yoke eliminator and new drive shaft so we went ahead and disconnected the current.

It was a good project day to have some garage time, beers and working with my brother and hanging with our parents.

Comment

Might as well wire brush that frame and paint it while your in there. Looking good!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                        Might as well wire brush that frame and paint it while your in there. Looking good!!!!
                        Thanks bud..Yes sir.. thats the plan!

Comment

We found the remaining master cylinder line from a Cherokee and got it installed and that finishes the load sensing valve delete project!

Then we rolled out into the driveway and pressure washed the junk and gunk off the frame so we can get started with rust prevention.

Comment

great project, following...

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post
                              great project, following...
                              Thanks bud! Were gonna put some time and effort into this one.. in no way are we experts and just about every project will be a first

Comment

Just noticed... i was Pimpin the TX Cull Hunters Assoc t-shirt!

Comment

Working...
                                X