Here's my boy about to bat.

But that Catcher..
      Not your average 12 year old, eh?
      What are they feeding that boy?

[ATTACH]793016[/ATTACH]
      That's gotta be someone's dad...

Comment

James,
        What age group is your son? Frozen Ropes is a good organization and they just re-modeled there indoor facility. Younger son is 17U now and has played with them since 11U. Like most organizations the quality varies from team to team but they usually have an AA, AAA, Majors team in each age group.

Comment

That catchers dad must be huge....look at the 3rd base coach...might be his son.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev View Post
            James,
            What age group is your son? Frozen Ropes is a good organization and they just re-modeled there indoor facility. Younger son is 17U now and has played with them since 11U. Like most organizations the quality varies from team to team but they usually have an AA, AAA, Majors team in each age group.
            He's only 8 - just getting introduced to the local teams. Missed tryouts for any of the select stuff and looks like I will be enjoying lacrosse in the Fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
              12U tournament last weekend.
              Here's my boy about to bat.

But that Catcher..
              Not your average 12 year old, eh?
              What are they feeding that boy?

[ATTACH]793016[/ATTACH]
              That doesn't surprise me much. We also play 12u select here in Austin and I've seen home huge kids playing in tournaments over the years. Makes you wonder how some of these kids are so big by 12 years old. Who do ya'll play with if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Kev View Post
                That catchers dad must be huge....look at the 3rd base coach...might be his son.
                3rd base coach is our coach.

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                That doesn't surprise me much. We also play 12u select here in Austin and I've seen home huge kids playing in tournaments over the years. Makes you wonder how some of these kids are so big by 12 years old. Who do ya'll play with if you don't mind me asking?
                That catcher was awesome.
                He went 3 for 3, all home runs over the fence.
                12U diamond plays dangerously small for skilled kids that big.
                I'm glad none of our boys got hurt.

My boy plays for the Texas Fire.

Comment

My daughter plays 14u travel ball. I will be glad when it's over. I watch her when I can but it's expensive and involves crazy schedules. I don't know how my wife finds the pennies and the time.

Comment

I have no idea who any of the younger teams are for Ropes. At 8U, I would put more focus on finding a great set of parents/kids who are all on the same page and hopefully a good dad/coach that works on teaching the fundamentals.

Comment

Yes, after I said that I realized what a stupid comment that was.

Comment

My boy had his first walk off home run here is a video.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Comment

My oldest grandson who is 15 now and playing on a 16u team has played select ball since he was 8. He's a southpaw and pitches and plays center field.
                          I know that select ball has it's critics but he's had good coaches and has progressed to the point that he lettered in varsity ball as a freshman this year and made the UIL first team all district.
                          Played their last showcase tournament for the summer league this past weekend so he'll have a few weeks without games until the fall season starts.
                          They are just going to play a Sunday double header league this fall since most of them will be playing varsity football on Fridays and need Saturdays to rest and heal.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
                            My boy had his first walk off home run here is a video.

Beautiful stroke and congrats! How old is your boy?

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                              Beautiful stroke and congrats! How old is your boy?
                              He is 11

Comment

That's awesome - Congrats to the little guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X