No announcement yet.

How many 50 lb bags of corn....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine's got a funnel. And the slip-over lid from Karl.
    about 470 lbs. (9+ bags)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	secondary.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	23828499

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      well if 50 gallon one holds 7-8 maybe 9 bags, then i would say 13-14 bags? just a guess there with little math involved hope it helps ya a little bit
      55 gallon hold 6 .

Comment

9-10 bags

Comment

Chew you can come up to Jacksboro and I'll let you fill mine and then you will know heck you can come shot a pig while your at it.

Comment

Bobby, You've seen my feeders, the one at the Vega stand is a 55 gallon feeder with the funnel on the outside of the barrel. It holds 8 bags of corn. You can get almost as much increase in capacity with your existing feeder barrels by just putting the funnels on the outside. If you'll get the funnels, we can weld em up at my place. I've got a nibbler too to cut the bottom out of the old barrels. If you get the 85 gallon barrels, have Karl put the funnels on the outside of the barrel for added capacity. it will give you almost 4 more sacks per feeder.

Comment

my guess with a funnel would be 10.

i have a 95 gallon feeder and it holds 13
              Last edited by crittergitter; 10-20-2008, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Chew, now you will need to calculate the volume time difference between 55 gal vs 85 gal and see is gas saved versus amount of trips to fill feeders. and throw in the spend time dispense rate to see if just cutting back 1 second of spin time will offset the difference of volume between 55 and 85 negating the need for xtra 4-5 bags of corn during the spring/summer per trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  I suck at math or I could be like Steve Scott (Cull) and come up with a calculus equation and figure it out down to the kernel with a volume per second distribution factor to determine the date/time/hour/minute that my feeder would run dry.
                  Well, when you figure the square root of the nearest mesquite tree divided by the hypotenuse of the triangle formed by your feeder legs you should have about 32 days worth of corn in your feeder. Unless, a pregnant raccoon shimmies up the feeder.

Comment

9.27272726 bags!!!!!

You can chum with the remainder of the .7272728 th of a bag.

Take 10 bags and a good pocket knife...and don't hand the knife to me!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                      9.27272726 bags!!!!!

You can chum with the remainder of the .7272728 th of a bag.

Take 10 bags and a good pocket knife...and don't hand the knife to me!!!!
                      trust him when gekko says dont give him your knife. i use to have a good knife

Comment

It'll hold all of em you put in it! if not raise the feed rates

Comment

I have been wondering if this type of container will work for a gravity type feeder?

Has anyone used one of these before?

They range from 15 gal. to about 5,000 gal.

Comment

we put 11 bags in our 85 gallon feeder and it has a funnell in it.

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of a feeder with an external funnel? Trying to visualize how my motor/timer box would fit on the barrel. Thanks.

Comment

I've got three 85s with funnels from Karl and they hold 10 bags each.

I normally don't use a funnel but got tired of the tree rats chewing everything up. With the funnel the timer and battery fit nicely in the void.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sm.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	23828530

Comment

Working...
                                X