Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban Liar should be fired for enabling domestic violence by one of his assistant coaches for almost 10 years. This first incident was in 2009, the abuser is the grandson of Meyer's mentor, Earl Bruce.

OSU has already started continuing the cover up by putting in the decision in the hands of a select committee of OSU folks, I am sure that committee won't be biased at all.
    This right after their unmitigated disgusting disaster with the Doctor.

Everyone, is worried about poor Urban, who is worried about the victim.

Meyer lied about knowing about the 2015 incident, his wife know about it, all the other assistant coaches and wives know about it but the head coach didn't know about it. Same, head coach that is a total control freak about every aspect of the program.

He is a prime example of everything that is wrong with CFB, win at all costs, no matter the cost to innocent women. I hope OSU does the right thing and fires him but don't think they will, if the don't I hope they lose every game they every play. Just like Baylor, MSU and PSU.

Comment

Urban's wife is going to take the fall for all of it so Urbs can keep his job… Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Urban's wife is going to take the fall for all of it so Urbs can keep his job… Pathetic.

I don't see how she takes the Fall when they both know. The AD may go down with Urban. The biggest question is why didn't they fire him

Comment

Originally posted by buckfan50 View Post
          It's looking better for Meyer now because it appears that he did report up what he knew to the athletic director so he followed what he was supposed to do. He got into trouble because he reported to the press that he had no knowledge.
          It looks like this is being overlooked by many. He followed protocol and reported it to AD. His problems come from then lying about it to the press.

Comment

Well there are 23,000 plus Ohio State fans that have signed a petition to keep Meyer already. So I guess they are fine with him lying as long as they have good football

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              I don't see how she takes the Fall when they both know. The AD may go down with Urban. The biggest question is why didn't they fire him

Because she is not the head football coach at Ohio State University… And he is.

Comment

His statement explained that he followed protocol.

I believe Smith should have been fired, but IF Meyer's statement is correct, which the investigation will prove, then I don't believe he should be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

She’s an OSU employee also. If the gal told her she was being abused and mrs Meyer didn’t report it to the title9 office then she needs firing for failure to do so which as an employee she’s obligated.

Urban Meyer knew of the allegation in ‘15, the coach came to him and offered it to him that he was voluntarily going to the police station to discuss the allegations. From what I’ve read Meyer notified the AD about the conversation. I don’t know if the guy was arrested in ‘15 or not, but I’m guessing not as he kept his job with the AD knowing about the conversation between he and Meyer. Had he been arrested he’d have been terminated I feel.

Whether the Police failed to do what’s right or not is another story.

I think Meyer will coach this year (and I don’t like him) as evidence has surfaced he did tell his AD what he knew. He shouldn’t be fired for lying to the Media. His attorney may have told him not to say anything for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

I believe Smith should have been fired, but IF Meyer's statement is correct, which the investigation will prove, then I don't believe he should be fired.
                    I heard that some of the prior incidents had police reports filed. Not sure if that's true or not. If so, along with possibly following protocol, Meyer may not get the boot.

The guy is a POS for retaining this coach on his staff. However, it doesn't sound like he was involved in some type of massive cover-up either.

Comment

But he also crawfished about knowing anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                        She’s an OSU employee also. If the gal told her she was being abused and mrs Meyer didn’t report it to the title9 office then she needs firing for failure to do so which as an employee she’s obligated.
                        Does Title IX cover non students? As I read about Title IX, I only see it pertaining to students.

Still a POS though on all accounts, I'm just not sure Title IX will hang Urban Meyer.

Comment

tOSU fans will look past it.....the rest of the world sees that he should be fired.

Comment

Was the coach arrested that did the assault? Guess I am just confused as to why anyone would think that a head coach/boss would go on the NEWS and spill personal information that he may have been unclear about. But now he is in trouble because he "lied" about knowledge of it. I mean why is it a head coach or boss is responsible for making decisions based on personal home matters of his employees when he has no time to "investigate" those issues for himself. Let the cops/law handle criminal matters and based on there verdict head coach/boss makes there ruling as well. Let the coaches coach there sport and do there job, which at that level is to win. With that said I completely agree. If the guy was arrested and charged and then nothing was done or said about the matter and "swept" under the rug then YES I agree, someone should be held responsible for not dealing with it.

Oh and for the record I am in no way a Ohio State fan. I don't really have a team I cheer for. I just watch em all and enjoy the game.

Comment

I still have some issues with someone being fired over what some else says they did. To me, if charged, suspend him, if found guilty, fire him.

Comment

Of course you don't…

They've had plenty of time now to create whatever evidence they need… The A.D., and probably Mrs. Meyer will take the fall, and urban will keep coaching…

Comment

Working...
                                X