No announcement yet.

Keypad on safe not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well on the bright side its a cannon safe. If you can't get the door open you can go through the side of it about as easy as punching through a wet paper sack. As far as the lock, I had the same issue with a SG that came on a browning. Its probably not the key pad but the actual locking mechanism in the door. Rack the door handle back and forth about three times with slight force then give that key pad a go. When you get the door open, call that locksmith and have him take that S&G lock off and install a la gard electronic lock. When you get the replacement S&G keypad from cannon, use it for target practice. I have had zero issues with the la Gard locks on my safes and plenty of issues with the S&G locks that have since been swapped out.

Good luck brother!

Comment

The safe door handle has some backlash to it. Try using the combo with the handle all the way Clockwise, then try it all the way counter clockwise, then in between. Mine works in between but struggles when the handle is all the way left or right. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by arcfiddler View Post
        Well on the bright side its a cannon safe. If you can't get the door open you can go through the side of it about as easy as punching through a wet paper sack. As far as the lock, I had the same issue with a SG that came on a browning. Its probably not the key pad but the actual locking mechanism in the door. Rack the door handle back and forth about three times with slight force then give that key pad a go. When you get the door open, call that locksmith and have him take that S&G lock off and install a la gard electronic lock. When you get the replacement S&G keypad from cannon, use it for target practice. I have had zero issues with the la Gard locks on my safes and plenty of issues with the S&G locks that have since been swapped out.

Good luck brother!
        Hot dang! It works!! I racked the handle back and forth 4-5 times and entered the combo. I barley heard the click, and it opened!! Gonna look into replacement electronic locks. I missed my babies so much...😂😂

Comment

Working...
        X