Protein Pellet Ingredients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DF&G,

Can you post a side by side comparison of the DD and RHR (assuming y'all still make it)? I know the RHR was a good product and used to feed it.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      How much is the same feed in a plain sack without the dd label?
      At Boedeker in Shiner, I got DD in a plain sack for $14.50 per bag or 10 or more bags for $14.00.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DF&G View Post
        Sorry if my wording on that post was misleading, I'm not going to censor someone's thought/opinion/review if it's real - customer or noncustomer.
        I just want to make sure its kept as clean as possible on our FB page same TBH. I believe in keeping things family friendly just an old school country way of doing business.
        I applaud you for that and keep it country

IMHO I think you need to tell some of the people working/operating DD this, and whoever operates their FB page and any other sites where they are lurking because that's the #1 complain I hear is the desperation in advertising

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        How much is the same feed in a plain sack without the dd label?
        Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
        At Boedeker in Shiner, I got DD in a plain sack for $14.50 per bag or 10 or more bags for $14.00.

I think he is referencing that the DD label/hype makes the protein a lot higher in $$$, whereas if someone else made the exact same ration it would be cheaper in a plain brown bag with no DD label

I just can't fathom spending $4-5 more per bag for a deer. I wish I could

Comment

Originally posted by jason2547 View Post
          DF&G,

Can you post a side by side comparison of the DD and RHR (assuming y'all still make it)? I know the RHR was a good product and used to feed it.
          Yes sir we are still making our RHR ration. Without giving out the formulas here's some comparisons in the two rations:
          1. Different vitamin & mineral package in DD. We tweaked micros and Added Diamond V Yeast.
          2. Maxed out the levels of peanuts in DD. We couldn't get a pellet to hold together and bind if we used in a higher concentration.
          3. We increased natural protein components in DD. That's the main contributor in DD coming in at a lower fiber content.
          4. TDN is higher in DD. I know its on the list on this thread. RHR has been running right at 79%.
          Customers have had great results in both of the individual feed lines.

Comment

What does RHR stand for? I can add it to the list if it's an available feed option.... just let me know.

Comment

It's simply the initials of the gentleman that helped formulate the ration back in the 90's.
              I know it's boring and not very innovative from a branding perspective.

Comment

Anyone asked Purina or one of the other big deer research brands about TDN? Would be good to hear from someone like Dr Varner or the like on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  Anyone asked Purina or one of the other big deer research brands about TDN? Would be good to hear from someone like Dr Varner or the like on the subject.
                  Agree! And how big of a roll it plays

Sippy: Can you get Dr. Kroll to answer this? He is unbiased

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                    The link below gives a recommended nutrient levels in supplemental feed by Dr. Varner. A little old but a good read.

tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_bk_w7000_0033.pdf

From my little bit of reading up on this. TDN is a measure of digestible energy stored in the feed. It is just one component in evaluating a feed.

Corn will have a TDN around 78% and roasted soy beans be around 90.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                      The link below gives a recommended nutrient levels in supplemental feed by Dr. Varner. A little old but a good read.

From my little bit of reading up on this. TDN is a measure of digestible energy stored in the feed. It is just one component in evaluating a feed.

I saw where their max energy bag says its 95% TDN.

Comment

Yeah..... $42.95 a bag for Max Energy AM here.... WOZERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post

I think this is why I was told Net energy was more important because TDN doesn't account for losses?? I believe Net Energy accounts for losses in gas and feces among other things to show what animals actually get from the feed. I've been reading a good bit on these things now that they've come to light.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            I think this is why I was told Net energy was more important because TDN doesn't account for losses?? I believe Net Energy accounts for losses in gas and feces among other things to show what animals actually get from the feed. I've been reading a good bit on these things now that they've come to light.
                            Pretty neat calculator on the Noble Foundation website that let's you enter TDN value and it breaks out Net Energy in Met. Energy, Net Energy Maintenance, and Net Energy Gain.

Comment

Originally posted by DF&G View Post
                              Pretty neat calculator on the Noble Foundation website that let's you enter TDN value and it breaks out Net Energy in Met. Energy, Net Energy Maintenance, and Net Energy Gain.

http://www.noble.org/ag/tools/livest...on-calculator/
                              Are lab samples done with a calculator? Reason I ask is I would assume different ingredients could do better or worse depending on the ratios even if two feeds were equal in TDN. Meaning maybe some ingredients are more efficient in getting to the animal?

Comment

I believe what's done in the lab is done from a chemistry standpoint in order to achieve max accuracy. Of course that probably depends on the lab capabilities. That calculator is surely based off of some huge algorithm that rounds up or down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X