No announcement yet.

Buck attacked in my front yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely looks like a pack thing, but that close to home and you didnt hear anything is very weird.

To have that much damage and no noise really doesn't make much sense.

Comment

Is there a highway close by ? I was wondering if he got hit and made himself an easy target.
      Last edited by Hydestik; 02-13-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Dang they definitely tore it up. I would vote coyotes as well. As others have said usually lions will kill it and drag to hiding place to slowly eat it.

Comment

I ain't saying it was a chupacabra but it was a chupacabra that did that. Maybe a whole pack of them.

Comment

Maybe it was some undocumented hunters.

Comment

Well I sat out there last night, for about 2 hours. Of course I didn’t see anything with a gun in my hand. It was very dark and quite last night. I woke up several times last night and would listen, not hearing anything. Got up at 6 and snuck around the house and scanned with the red light...nothing but cows at that time. Buck got dragged about 10-15 yards, laying next to an oak tree. Of course I scanned the trees as I approached. One of the back legs was removed and the other backstrap gone.

I might drag it over to my feeder and let the Reconx get pics.

One of my cows delivered this morning. About a 100yards from this buck.

Comment

That's just a poor shot location from a Rage

somebody had to do it, so I chose me.

Comment

I'm betting it's a bigfoot that killed the buck! LOL

To be serious, if it was a cat, the deer would have been covered by grass, leaves and branches.

More than likely a dog or yote!

Comment

That's a shame was going to be a good buck next season!

Comment

that ain't nothing but a chupacabra that hadn't eaten in a while.

Comment

Lol at jaguarundis and kudamundis. Y'all sure have a healthy imagination out there.

Comment

White jeep

Comment

Sounds like we need to have some TBH varmit killing get to gathers at you place.

Comment

Put a camera on it they will come back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by HainesNYT View Post
                                Well I sat out there last night, for about 2 hours. Of course I didn’t see anything with a gun in my hand. It was very dark and quite last night. I woke up several times last night and would listen, not hearing anything. Got up at 6 and snuck around the house and scanned with the red light...nothing but cows at that time. Buck got dragged about 10-15 yards, laying next to an oak tree. Of course I scanned the trees as I approached. One of the back legs was removed and the other backstrap gone.

I might drag it over to my feeder and let the Reconx get pics.

One of my cows delivered this morning. About a 100yards from this buck.
                                Traps would have been nice
                                I have no patience with Coyotes.
                                I admire their wariness, But I kill them at every occasion

BP

Comment

Working...
                                X