No announcement yet.

Benbrook Lake 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished my first two weeks of Benbrook. Never been there before and had a great time. Saw a few deer, but did not get any. Sunday is my official last day, but other duty calls me for the weekend. It has been very hot though. I met a few people there who were really nice and gave me some great tips. I am hooked on public hunting so far.

Comment

Hello guys, i have the 2 weeks that starts tomorrow. Hope the first couple of weeks were good. Talked to a guy today that shot a doe last week! But with it being hot and working off of a full moon i know it was tough out there.

Comment

It was a tough first 2 weeks, wicked hot and lots of hunters. More pressure on the deer than I've seen out there in the past 5 years combined. I was successful and thank the Lord Jesus for the opportunity to hunt regular season instead of doe and spike only like the past 3 years.

Comment

My hunt starts today. I've had great success out there. Hope to continue it within the next two weeks.

Comment

I hope I get drawn this year. I love rabbit hunting that place. The deer hunters don't like it, but it is public.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
              My hunt starts today. I've had great success out there. Hope to continue it within the next two weeks.
              Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Im out here now. Scared a deer off my corn walking in this morning. Nothing since. Blood trail, are you in the woods this morning?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude5000 View Post
                  Im out here now. Scared a deer off my corn walking in this morning. Nothing since. Blood trail, are you in the woods this morning?

Nope. I'll be out there this evening. What time did you hit the woods? If I hunt the mornings, I try to be in the stand about an hour before light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                    Nope. I'll be out there this evening. What time did you hit the woods? If I hunt the mornings, I try to be in the stand about an hour before light.

Was in my brush blind @ 6:20

Comment

Think im going to give up this morning. Nothing moving but squirrels! Plus wind picked up and not in my favor. Good luck to the evening hunters! I have stuff to do tonight but will be here the rest of the week.

Comment

You just got there!!!!

Comment

Congrats Topshot! I hope everyone has better luck than I did. The first 2 weeks were pretty rough. Very hot and full moon and all. Hopefully I will get drawn for next year.

Comment

Gonna be out there all day tomorrow. In it for the long haul!

Comment

Any action this evening blood trail?

Comment

Great sit, no deer. May have to adjust my setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X