No announcement yet.

Church habits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every Sunday unless we are out of town. Methodist church in Garwood,Tx. I was born and raised Baptist and my wife a Catholic so here we are. I do sometimes miss my Baptist upbringing. May go back one day but for now I am surrounded by loving people that study from the bible daily.

Comment

Every Sunday unless we are out of town. Methodist church in Garwood,Tx. I was born and raised Baptist and my wife a Catholic so here we are. I do sometimes miss my Baptist upbringing. May go back one day but for now I am surrounded by loving people that study from the bible daily.
      Your post reminds me of that quote from Norman on "A River Runs Through It"

"hey were Methodists, a denomination my father referred to as Baptists who could read."

Comment

I attend church with my family as my schedule permits. I converse with God daily.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
          We only attend every service. It is a traditional liturgical service based on the Law (conviction) Gospel (salvation) and the partaking of the sacraments (forgiveness and reassurance). Most people would run away from such high church as ours, but once you understand what is going on and why, you wouldn't have it any other way.
          Liturgical and sacramental worship are on the rise. Younger folks see them for what they are and seem to be rejecting their parent's less liturgical worship style. I go to a bible church that is more liturgical than many other churches and I love it.

Comment

My wife teaches 1st graders, I teach 10th and 11th grade boys, I serve as a deacon, and we host a youth group at our house on Wednesday nights. My 2 older daughters serve once a month in the children's area. I guess you could say we are pretty active. However, when you get active and serve, church moves beyond just something you go do once a week and "check the box". It becomes an everyday lifestyle. I wouldn't change a thing.

Comment

Try to go weekly but sometimes things get in the way.

Last Sunday the wife had Step throats and now my little boy has it. I don't see us making it to church this Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3 out of 4 Sundays here**

** excludes deer season

Comment

Every Sunday morning and I volunteer for the middle school. My life would be nothing without God.

Comment

Last time i went regualy was 1974 on parris island.
                    I talk to my god daily in my way.

Comment

I was raised in church and have been a regular most of my life. I haven't been like I should be for the last few years, but here lately I've been going more. Work keeps me away more than I'd like, but that's part of it in my line of work.

Comment

It's horribly amazing how easy it is to stray away from church. I grew up never missing a sunday unless you were absolutely puking your guts up or contagious. About a year and a half ago I started my new job as a operator at a plant here in south Texas, working shift work. As much as I want to blame the shift schedule for my missing attendance, which is PART of it, I know I can only blame myself for not trying harder.

Comment

Just about every sunday

Comment

We attend most every Sunday. The few exceptions are when I hunt/fish. Raised Catholic............ but the last 30 or so years Baptist. Easy going church, wear jeans to service etc.

Comment

Attend most Sundays, raised Methodist and attend Northwest Hill UMC here in SA. Honestly the reason I attended was the Pastor's church picture was him sitting with a Red Hartebeast he shot on a safari his brother took him on.

Comment

I attend a Mennonite church almost every Sunday.
                                Any other Mennonites on here?
                                Last edited by dbpredator; 05-19-2017, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X