Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ty729 View Post
    I feel like I missing something.

It is brand new from a dealer. Seems like a no brainer to take it back and at least have them warranty the roof or get a different camper.

If it is a glue issue I would look for a completely different brand.
    Yep. There is no way I would be keeping this trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by ty729 View Post
      I feel like I missing something.

It is brand new from a dealer. Seems like a no brainer to take it back and at least have them warranty the roof or get a different camper.

If it is a glue issue I would look for a completely different brand.
      The camper has been returned for warranty but I don't feel I should be buying a camper with a replacement roof, I have already purchased the camper and feel I'm stuck with it, is there a way out. I'm ok with warranty work but on a camper the roof is the most important part of the trailer in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazzy View Post
        The camper has been returned for warranty but I don't feel I should be buying a camper with a replacement roof, I have already purchased the camper and feel I'm stuck with it, is there a way out. I'm ok with warranty work but on a camper the roof is the most important part of the trailer in my opinion.
        Even if the repair the roof under warranty, overtime, the rubber roofs shrink on the edges.
        This allows water to seem in from the edges. Just our experience.

Comment

Have you discussed this with them on getting a different camper?

It would be nice to know how they respond.

Comment

yea I would tell them I want a different camper. Your original paperwork should have the VIN number on it to make sure they aren't trying to give you the same one back.

I would definitely be calling who I have financing with to cancel or see what the options are.

Comment

With my experience at Crestview, I would definitely go elsewhere.

Comment

I have contacted Jayco to see what there response is, I will contact Crestview to see if there response matches Jayco. If it comes down to replacing the roof I can deal with it but I will have in writing my concerns about warranty issues and I will be compensated for my Inconvience. I will keep posted as soon as I have more info.

Comment

If you can get out of the deal with Crestview, let me know and I'll refer you to someone at Camper Clinic II across the interstate.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazzy View Post
                    I have contacted Jayco to see what there response is, I will contact Crestview to see if there response matches Jayco. If it comes down to replacing the roof I can deal with it but I will have in writing my concerns about warranty issues and I will be compensated for my Inconvience. I will keep posted as soon as I have more info.
                    I'll go ahead and tell you now that you have a long road ahead of you if you choose this route.

The best thing to do is to call the manufacturer, climb as high up the chain as you can, and then start an email documentation of the problems. My experience has been that they are going to fix the problem, and asking for compensation (at this point) is a waste of time.

Honestly, I would tell you to take the replacement roof, go watch them put it on, and go on with your life.

Comment

Raise heck with the dealer to get a replacement unit. Then raise heck with the manufacturer. That one should have never left the lot in that condition. What all sorts of issues could there be lurking due to the bad roof? You don't want to be the guy to find out.

LWD

Comment

I don't know this dealer or model but I have seen on the rv forums that some Jayco models are having roof issues. I have a jayco class C motherhome so I have read some of the topics. All new trailers should of gone through a make ready inspection by the dealer service department. Sounds like this trailer should of never passed the dealer inspection.

You may have to play hardball with them to void that contract or get into another trailer. I would drop a few suttle threats about fraud as this is a know issue with Jayco.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Doug View Post
                          I don't know this dealer or model but I have seen on the rv forums that some Jayco models are having roof issues. I have a jayco class C motherhome so I have read some of the topics. All new trailers should of gone through a make ready inspection by the dealer service department. Sounds like this trailer should of never passed the dealer inspection.

You may have to play hardball with them to void that contract or get into another trailer. I would drop a few suttle threats about fraud as this is a know issue with Jayco.
                          Good guess uncle Doug it is a Jayco.

Comment

Here is one of the rv forum threads I had read before.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/ind...html#msg502519

Comment

I received a response from Jayco and said the proper thing is to replace the roof so I guess I will have to live with it.

Comment

Proper for them...or you?
                                If i bought something NEW, and it rolled off the parking lot defective.. the arguement is I didn't buy a NEW product to find out it was defective, and would be demanding a NEW item, not a fixed item.
                                Once its fixed, it's no longer NEW - its refurbished...lending institutions would likely like to be made aware of this as well.
                                Living with it should not be in your vocabulary..

Comment

Working...
                                X