Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does it cost to fill in a pool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much does it cost to fill in a pool?

Let's say you have an empty pool that you have no use for, about how much would it cost to fill in so you could replace it with a lawn? I know it depends on the size of the pool but I'm just wondering ball park costs.

Cheaper than keeping it.

Comment

I have no ideal but if you do drill a lot of holes in the bottom so the water can drain out. Maybe a dump truck with old broken concrete in the bottom and then some good soil for a nice garden.

Comment

Figure how many yards of dirt it will hold based on the size. Get a quote on the dirt from somewhere near you. Then do the math. You can get a pretty close estimate if you know the size of your pool and the cost per yard of dirt. Like Texas tracker said it better have lots of holes in it.

Comment

Jack hammer the bottom and sides. Use whatever and fill them do top 12-18 inches with good topsoil

Comment

If it is a gunnite pool, get in it and break it up as much as you can and take away the walkway and such from around it. You can dump all that broken up sidewalk and stuff in the pool. If it's a fiberglass pool, if you pump all the water out, it'll probably pop out of the ground enough that you can pull it out, then fill in with debris and such with good dirt on top.

Comment

I would not suggest filling it with debris and your old concrete deck first.
              This will cause voids and over time the top soil will fill in the voids leaving a sink hole effect to your yard.

Call around to a couple pool companies if there digging a pool in your area they may need a place to dump there dirt. I would fill it in 12 to 16” lifts and compact on the way up. Take a sample of the soil to a testing company and they can tell you if you need water to help compact.

Just my opinion.

Comment

125, that makes a lot of sense!

Comment

Also consider that if you ever move I believe you have to disclose that the pool was demo’d in place. My uncle did this to his pool and ran into issues when they went to sell their house years later.

Comment

$6,500 to $8,000 for a break up, put concrete in the hole, fill with dirt, add topsoil, lay sod on top.

About double to completely remove concrete and then add dirt. Although, the best, cleanest, and complete way.

Comment

How much to turn it into a small but functional bass pond?

Comment

My neighbor had a gunnite pool trashed last summer.
                        They broke up the deck and sides with a wrecking ball and backfilled it.
                        Depending on where you live may require something different, city would not allow them to just fill in. I have a few pictures somewhere. $5500

Comment

125 got it right. Important to pack as you go, or you’ll wind up with a bowl in your yard that you’ll have to keep filling and filling.

Comment

Originally posted by hightech View Post
                            My neighbor had a gunnite pool trashed last summer.
                            They broke up the deck and sides with a wrecking ball and backfilled it.
                            Depending on where you live may require something different, city would not allow them to just fill in. I have a few pictures somewhere. $5500
                            Found a couple pics.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                              $6,500 to $8,000 for a break up, put concrete in the hole, fill with dirt, add topsoil, lay sod on top.

About double to completely remove concrete and then add dirt. Although, the best, cleanest, and complete way.
                              This is pretty spot on, we have filled a few in, we did one right behind a cemetery, guess where the dirt came from to fill the pool in ?

Comment

Working...
                              X