Fishing kingsland area help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing kingsland area help

Hey guys- we rented a place on the river above LBJ for spring break. I have never been up there and was wondering if that area is big and deep enough to run my bay boat?

Thanks

Steve

Well Inks lake is directly above LBJ, and lake Buchanan is above inks. Where is the place you are staying? KINGSLAND sits on a portion of LBJ where the Colorado and Llano rivers meet. You can safely go a bit up river from Kingsland either way with the Colorado arm being longer. As far as the Colorado river above the highland lakes chain, I'm not too sure

Comment

Staying right at the intersection of the rivers by kingsland bridge hoping to troll for white bass. Trying to decide on taking bay boat or borrowing a 18’ flat bottom

Comment

Your staying in the right area for the whites right now! We were bass fishing but saw plenty of boats trolling for whites right past the split in the Colorado arm. Catching plenty to. You can also go out at night and fish the green lights and catch plenty. I would go with the bay boat imo it can get pretty rough if the wind kicks up.

Comment

Right at the intersection of the rivers you'll be fine, if you want to go up the Llano stay on the left side and you'll make it quite a ways up. The water is clear enough where you'll be able to see whats shallow, but you have depths over 4 feet for c while going up the llano.

Comment

Yes, the bay boat will be fine. Llano arm is silted in more than you'd think, but the Colorado arm is good quite a ways, and you can always go down lake.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

A bay boat up the llano is what we always did " my grandfather lived in kings land "
                Up the Colorado has some big problems with rocks

Comment

Parents live on the llano arm. Stay left like is stated.. But gets shallow once you start seeing the granite rocks. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great! Now just gotta decide if it’s worth towing the big bay boat or just being lazy and taking dads 18 aluminum to save gas $$

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
                      Great! Now just gotta decide if it’s worth towing the big bay boat or just being lazy and taking dads 18 aluminum to save gas $$
                      18ft aluminum all the way if you fish upper body of water

Comment

Im headed to that exact spot next Thursday. Hoping to get into some of the white bass run. Is one river better than the other film the split?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                          Im headed to that exact spot next Thursday. Hoping to get into some of the white bass run. Is one river better than the other film the split?

I have never been yet but most I’m reading says both rivers are great for wb

Comment

I live in that area. I would bring bay boat. There can be lots of skiers. Water gets choppy. If your gonna troll for whites go up the Colorado arm and do it early before the traffic gets on the water

Comment

Take the bay boat. As others have said, it can pretty choppy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X