No announcement yet.

Broadhead Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard to beat the Zwickey Delta 4 edge at $22 for a three pack. The Eskimo 4 edge is even a little less expensive. I sharpen the pint to a tanto/chisel tip, but I have never had one fail.

https://www.3riversarchery.com/zwick...roadheads.html

https://www.3riversarchery.com/zwick...roadheads.html

Comment

Have to admit, these work really well. I also got a 6-pack of Wasp SST 125’s for cheap because they were 125’s and nobody would buy them.

Comment

YES - look at the Blood Therapy OCD broadheads. They can be found for $10/each and have excellent reviews. I use them myself and have put away the G5 Montecs. I've killed three with them this year, with 2 only going 30 yards, and the other going about 100 yards with an excellent blood trail.

Comment

they get a lot cheaper when you learn to resharpen them.

Comment

If I spend $x,***, on a bow $*** on arrows, $x,*** on a lease as well as numerous other things. The last thing I'm going to skimp on is corn and broadheads. The cost of those 2 things are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I understand cheap broadheads for pigs if you're shooting 10 a month, but I don't even re sharpen heads for deer. I will pay whatever I have to for the best heads I can get. I'd hate to skimp by on price, just to lose a animal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
              If I spend $x,***, on a bow $*** on arrows, $x,*** on a lease as well as numerous other things. The last thing I'm going to skimp on is corn and broadheads. The cost of those 2 things are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I understand cheap broadheads for pigs if you're shooting 10 a month, but I don't even re sharpen heads for deer. I will pay whatever I have to for the best heads I can get. I'd hate to skimp by on price, just to lose a animal.
              Being able to properly resharpen a broadhead is a great skill to have. Too many people can't properly sharpen a knife. I would rather hone a head to perfection and reuse it if it isn't damaged beyond use. I killed two bucks in the same day last season with the same head. Both bled profusely and died quickly.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes the average price for the average broadhead is going up substationaly, I have been using above average price heads for a few years now. German kenetics, iron wills, and for a period of time solids. So 40.00 is not a bad deal for a good set of heads. In this price range I prefer exodus for a fixed head, rage for a mech. Midway U.S.A has rage extremes on sale for 15.99 a pack. ( murder on javelina) right now if any ones intrested.

Comment

In a few days I will be asking for lots of info on broad heads. Rat will be tired of me lol.

Comment

I started this thread hoping that someone had a secret about finding deals on broadheads but it seems like my observations are continuing to be confirmed. The new average price for a major manufacturer broadhead is about $10-15/head. I'm certainly more budget-conscious with my current return to bowhunting but I don't want to sacrifice quality. I passed on the Chinese "Rage" broadheads for $20/dozen because I have more respect for animals and ethics than that. I purchased the Rage heads on sale through Midway USA and hope they will last a while. As other mentioned, many broadheads end up being messed up beyond repair after the shot.

For those of you buying those super expensive heads, hat's off but I won't be joining you. Those prices are insane!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I buy muzzy original 3 blades on Amazon for 25 for a 6 pack.They are way cheaper than most and have had very good luck on the deer and hog I have shot with them. I had wac em 4 blades also and prefer the cheaper muzzys.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X