Public Land Aoudad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job guys!

This is the second hunt y'all have done correct?

Comment

What a great hunt. Those pics speak a thousand words.

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
          I may do a video on the phone scope but I doubt there would be enough guys interested for the effort. Most guys have $40 to just buy one.

I will kinda of walk through it though. Its super easy.

1. Cut a piece of 2 or 3" pvc a little longer than your phone and then cut it down the middle like a hot dog bun.
          2. Stick it in the oven for a few minutes on low to soften it up
          3. Clamp it down flat.
          4. Trace your phone. Leave a lot of material around the camera if you have an iphone with the camera on the edge. Also leave a few little tabs around the edges to fold around the phone later.
          5. Drill a good sized hole lined up with your camera. May need a dremel to make it big enough depending on how thick your phone case is.
          6. Use a heat gun to heat up the tabs and then fold them around your phone. Trim them so your phone can slide or snap in and out. I made mine the rigth size to snap in.
          7. Take your optic to lowes and find a pvc end cap that is slightly smaller than or the same size as the eye piece. Ones with the flat end work best.
          8. Heat up the end cap and fit it onto your eyepiece. This is important to keep it from twisting.
          9. Drill a big hole in the end of the cap
          10. Put your end cap on the eye piece and phone in its holder. Line everything up so you can see through the optic clearly and the vignette is centered on the screen. Have your wife trace around the end cap.
          11. Rough both pieces up. Epoxy the two pieces together. If you want you can drill a small hole and run a nail through the two and epoxy in place for extra strength.
          13. Shave all the excess off around the end cap and sand it all smooth.
          14. Paint or dip is as wanted. I painted mine. Buddy dipped his in asat. Other buddy ran with bare pvc.

Sweet. I'm going to do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You and your buddies earned that trophy! Great pics!

Comment

Kickin Butt

Comment

Awesome hunt !

Comment

Awesome! That's a near future hunt for me

Comment

Man, Great pics! Great animal too. I am new to hunting the Southwest these pics look awesome!

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                    Hard earned success. The shot was 533 yards with a .308. You can see where the ram died with me standing over it in the first picture if you look close. He was borderline unreachable without climbing shoes.
                    [ATTACH]842382[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]842383[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]842384[/ATTACH]

Comment

Can anyone help me out with the hunting scene near Fort Bliss. I am moving there in a few weeks (active duty) and I love hunting. Doing some research on the area and it seems impossible to hunt without paying a fortune. I currently hunt Fort Hood TX and shot a 144 7/8 whitetail this season. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comment

I would be looking at New Mexico if I was out there. You have national forest within an hour and a half and then tons more the further you drive. Getting tags may be an issue but if you are active duty maybe you get some kind of preference? You can always get javalina and aoudad tags so I would be making those my first priority. One of the worst things about Texas is its lack of public hunting opportunity.

Comment

Awesome Country. If you are on a tighter budget you can find Aoudad in Amistad National park. The country side is not as pretty and much smaller but they are there sometimes. I got lucky.Click image for larger version

Name:	20160330_115927.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	24502248

Comment

Aoudad

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                            You and your buddies earned that trophy! Great pics!
                            Hi felix awesomeness see any mulies there. Interfested in game bags, been back pack huntin, n. mx colo since early 90s Thanks for sharing

Comment

Great pics and read

Comment

Outstanding post. Tough animals to hunt for sure and getting it done DIY on public land makes it even sweeter.

Comment

Working...
                                X