Need a gun appraisal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a gun appraisal

Is anyone here on the GS a firearm appraiser or any other kind of appraiser? I’m in the process of bringing my grandfather’s gun collection over from Germany and suddenly the export company (in Germany) wants documentation of the values of the guns. This question didn’t come up during the 6 months it took to get here and now the guns are in their hands. I need someone to write me up a letter with the values that I can email them. So, anyone on here a appraiser or even a gun dealer with a letterhead that would be applicable? Sure could use some help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since condition is everything in a used firearm,without being able to see and handle the weapons,it's going to be a guess on the value....guess you would do as well to take The Blue Book of Gun Values,and just look them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
      Since condition is everything in a used firearm,without being able to see and handle the weapons,it's going to be a guess on the value....guess you would do as well to take The Blue Book of Gun Values,and just look them up.

I already provided some values based on threads I created on here about 6 months ago, with a whole lot of pictures. The import company here in the US didn’t have any issues with the values or require any documentation - it’s just suddenly the idiots in Germany. They said nothing about needing any such paperwork until now. I could have hired an appraiser before my family gave them the guns, but they didn’t. So, now, I don’t know what to do other than try to find someone who’ll write me up an appraisal based on photos.

Comment

Possibly Artos? He's probably got his finger on the pulse of gun values as good as anyone I've seen.. might wanna send him a pm
        Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
        I already provided some values based on threads I created on here about 6 months ago, with a whole lot of pictures. The import company here in the US didn’t have any issues with the values or require any documentation - it’s just suddenly the idiots in Germany. They said nothing about needing any such paperwork until now. I could have hired an appraiser before my family gave them the guns, but they didn’t. So, now, I don’t know what to do other than try to find someone who’ll write me up an appraisal based on photos.

Comment

How many firearms are you talking about needing appraised?

Send me a PM.

Comment

Hope they’re cool like the last one you showed us from over there!

Comment

Cabela's gun library folks might be able to help you out.

Comment

He don't need them appraised. Just need to use someone's official looking letterhead to pass on to the krauts.

Comment

It may be as simple as needing an overall value for Ins reasons...I'll be glad to help in anyway, but I would overestimate the values just in case.

Some of those rigs across the pond can get a little tricky...I may have even posted but don't recall your previous thread. Good luck & congrats on getting your GradDad's guns. That's pretty dang skippy!!

Comment

Working...
                  X