X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avidhunter75 View Post
    This help?
    Grinnnnnderrrrrrr!

I may have to look at Makita again. All my old Makita gears batteries are shot.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUT View Post
      The 12v system from Milwaukee is awesome. It has 20 different tools that use the same battery.
      X2. Its the M12 line. I used to be a hard core Dewalt fan til there batteries went to crap. I started using the Milwaukee M12 line at the end of last summer and it is just plain awesome. The battery life is crazy long. Right out of the box it took almost three weeks to drain the factory charge off of the battery before I could recharge it. Not to mention they recharge in about 30 minutes or so.

Here is a link to the Milwaukee site.

Comment

I had most all major brand battery tools and several years ago realized for me that high end stuff breaks or batteries die as fast as Ryobi so I just buy the that stuff.

Corded tool I think it pays to buy more power. Check the little numbers on the labels before buying on those things.

I have a few Hitachi medium and super duty impact hammers that are like the energizer bunny.

Comment

Makita! Ever since Dewalt was bought out by Black and Decker, they have been junk! And the replacement batteries are expensive.

Comment

I just gave away a few Dewalt tools that needed repairs. Each was gonna be $89 to fix... Their max repair is $89. I now use Rigid battery powered drills and sawzall. Milwaukee, Rigid, and Ryobe are manufactured by the same company. Their level of quality is in that order too.

Comment

My gutter crew runs the newest Demalt lithium with the brushless motors and they last a long time on a single charge. No complaints. Im phasing out my Hitachi drills and impacts but i had no complaints about them other than the chucks and clutches wearing out after several years.

Comment

Go with lithium Ion battery imo. The only setback from them is letting them cool down before you can charge them after running them down in 100+ degree heat.

Comment

I had a bad experience with dewalt so I steer clear of em.

We had a tool guy swing by the office pushing the new lithium line so I took him out back and put his 20v up against the Hilti 18 and the dewalts just flat out quit after 5 minutes of work. The guy said the batteries got too hot with the heat outside, but my hiltis never quit.

We also have quite a few of the new Milwaukee M18 drills and I have NO co.plaints with them either.

Comment

Darn it!!! I just bought some of the lithium ion dewalt tools. I guess I should have asked the Green Screen first!

Comment

Milwaukee is always my #1 when it comes to power tools

Comment

Love my Makita 18v drill/impact set.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

It'll be Makita or Milwaukee.

Anyone notice this post was more civilized than the "what cooler should I get post" or Yeti-vs-Brute?

Comment

Originally posted by avidhunter75 View Post
                            This help?

and yes this helps

Comment

Originally posted by TEXophilite7 View Post
                              Darn it!!! I just bought some of the lithium ion dewalt tools. I guess I should have asked the Green Screen first!
                              You may be fine for around the house brother, but our sheet metal guys run the guns 9 hrs a day on roofs so they get nothing but the worst treatment.

One weekend at the house is a lot different than the roofing world for sure. The Hilti guy we use has told us we burn through more tools than any of his other trades

Comment

My brother runs a construction crew building metal buildings and they use Makita impact drivers daily and he recommended them to me. I bought a Makita 18v lithium set with drill, impact, circular, recip, grinder, light, and radio. Love em all. Charges quick and plenty of power. Actually use the radio the most!

Comment

Working...
                                X