Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
    Congrats Jzoch, heck of a cull. Didn’t realize we had javi’s around. Where are y’all hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I even saw a dead javi just south of coleman near the 206/67 merge.
    They are spreading

Comment

Congrats on a nice mgt buck. I need one like that to make sausage!

Comment

Well we had one of our target bucks in the pen about 5 times. Kept jumping in and out. Too many other deer in the pen, etc. Just couldn’t get a good shot on the right one. Saw 9 bucks and 3 doe. Son was excited and ready to go back so we had fun.

Checked gauge on way out and we had 1/2” rain while we were out there.

Comment

Heck of a management buck Jzoch!

Comment

Cold walk to stand.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              Well we had one of our target bucks in the pen about 5 times. Kept jumping in and out. Too many other deer in the pen, etc. Just couldn’t get a good shot on the right one. Saw 9 bucks and 3 doe. Son was excited and ready to go back so we had fun.

Checked gauge on way out and we had 1/2” rain while we were out there.

Several deer that have been awol have shown up last two days. This cold is getting them moving. Still have a lot of deer missing

Comment

Thanks again, y’all. Was an easy track but was a little hard to find my arrow even with a pass through on this one.

Also prayers sent for all those affected by the floods. My thoughts and prayers are with y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                  Thanks again, y’all. Was an easy track but was a little hard to find my arrow even with a pass through on this one.

Also prayers sent for all those affected by the floods. My thoughts and prayers are with y’all.

That your lighted nock stuck inside her??

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
                    That your lighted nock stuck inside her??
                    Yes Sir!! Had a pass through but oddly enough the arrow broke off in him at the end and the nock was inside.

Comment

Yes Sir!! Had a pass through but oddly enough the arrow broke off in him at the end and the nock was inside.
                      That's awesome!!

Comment

Well my daily check on the weather looked a little better today, only one day next week over 40% rain chance now. Its going to already be wet and muddy and I'm going to have to take my wheeler to get around but cant waste 5 off days....

Maybe the flash flood warning will be gone by then and make me feel a little more warm and fuzzy!
                        Last edited by duckman49; 10-18-2018, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Looks like the Concho is up 20’ at Paint Rock. Ivie is finally catching some water. Y’all stay safe out there.

Comment

Well, I know its gonna be a mess, but this weekend is the only one I have until Thanksgiving to hunt. Anyone else east of San Angelo in Concho Co gonna hunt? Looks like the rain will break a little tomorrow afternoon and hoping itll be a good time to be in the stand. Got a massive 6pt I really want to connect with.

Comment

Cool. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
                                Congrats Jzoch, heck of a cull. Didn’t realize we had javi’s around. Where are y’all hunting?

We have a ton between Water Valley and Carlsbad.

Jzoch, nice cull, we had one like that we called "8 the hard way"

Comment

Working...
                                X