No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've thought about investing into a crossbow. but not 100% sure yet. I've never shot one either

Comment

Crossbows are awesome. I guess I'm still trying to justify the purchase of my compound, before I buy another toy lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kellwill View Post
        I don't hunt the bridge area I walk about a mile or more past it and always see pigs
        Um you could park at the curve at Dickerson and walk across the river its knee deep..save that mile of only seeing a deer or a squirrel! Unless u like that long mile walk for exercise!

Comment

Carnage your lucky the fish are biting...wait a minute..i killed and harvested 2 already...

Comment

I never thought I would get into crossbow hunting but I drew the crossbow hunt at Granger the first year they had it. Killed a nice 8 point and 2 doe that hooked me on crossbows. I have an Excalibur micro 335 and couldn't be happier with it.

Comment

Crossbow would definitely make it easier to get a shot off on them running ****ers ....or quick from the hip with trad bow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Went out yesterday and all of the advice here led to a successful hunt...well finding them anyway.

from 0730-1200 was a walk and stalk with my father-in-law. Would find fresh digs where they were eating last night, then move through the thickest crap possible, and that's how we came upon a small group of six...with mama pushing 300+lbs.

Got within (aparently...i can't tell distance for crap) 20 yards of her facing away and laying down...then I dnno a fly farted or something....and she got up and left, no time to get bow drawn back. Reminded me how much i F******G hate bow hunting and never do it....think I'll go buy a cross bow.

Anyway for those who are new and read for advice like I did prior to going out:

Stalk like and glass, be very patient, they are there sleeping and if you tromp through, they will wake up and go away. Oh and keep the wind to your face. If your scent is blowing towards where you're hunting, just forget it.

I think I saw a few of you last night (ret. navy, texas bowhunter.com, and GRX 2017 stickers) my truck was the dark blue yukon with chive stickers. hope you got something!

Comment

Was it a Dodge Ram with a plate # jdg 4957 or something? I saw that truck last Wednesday at gate 6.

Comment

Don't remember the plate....was just looking for tx bow hunter friendlies !

Comment

I had an eventful weekend at Granger. Hiked into the primitive camp Friday afternoon and chased pigs around all weekend. Saw a bunch and had various close encounters. Finally managed to stick one Sunday morning. Blood trailed it for about 60 yards before it ducked under the fence onto private. I thought I made a good hit on it so there are a few happy coyotes out there.

Learned a few lessons this weekend; don't suck and bring more arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisco View Post
                        I had an eventful weekend at Granger. Hiked into the primitive camp Friday afternoon and chased pigs around all weekend. Saw a bunch and had various close encounters. Finally managed to stick one Sunday morning. Blood trailed it for about 60 yards before it ducked under the fence onto private. I thought I made a good hit on it so there are a few happy coyotes out there.

Learned a few lessons this weekend; don't suck and bring more arrows.
                        I'm really working on that "don't suck" part. Things change when the target is running, or outside my normal 20 yard practice range.

Comment

How to be successful hunting at granger: git gud

Comment

There are no pigs at sore finger. And sore finger sucks

Comment

I have seen so many posts of people saying Sore Finger stinks, and just as many saying it's great. I think someone is pulling my leg lol!

Comment

Poohberries

I wonder if the poohberries still taste like berries.

Missed a chance on 20+\- 100lbers that blew by me. They straight up ghosted on me.

Why is gate 7 still closed?

Yee Hawg!
                                Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X