No announcement yet.

Cooper or Lake Tawakoni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you required to still wear hunter orange since its archery only?

Comment

Originally posted by RajunCajun1982 View Post
      Are you required to still wear hunter orange since its archery only?
      I believe so. Only deer are limited to archery. You've got shotgunners blasting squirrels & rabbits from 10-1 through 2/7. Biggest thing is occasionally you'll have a greenhorn toting a big rifle around oblivious to the WMA rules.

Comment

I would definately wear orange going in and out and at least have it nearby in the stand. I had a couple of people walk by on a hunt or two and waved it at them and they were cordial. Even saw a buck in rut 5 minutes behind one of the guys that walked by. It was a little odd. A lot of people talk bad about it as a place to be. I enjoyed it and atually met some friendly hunters. The game wardens were pretty frequent so I liked that as well. Be prepared to do your work scouting and you can have some good times.

Comment

Wanting to try out duck cove or even the smaller 160+ acre area but haven't driven out there yet. I've read a lot about the "bad" areas on parking/people. I'm not to worried about the people part Im pretty comfortable with my "backup" but I am worried about leaving my truck parked unattended. Any additional info on this would greatly be appreciated. Again I plan on going during the weekdays.

Comment

I hunt the smaller one, and every person I've talked to has been very friendly and helpful, and never had a problem leaving my truck even on an all day sit!

Comment

About three years ago they were having a hard time with people vandalizing cars in the parking area. PM me and I can give you some advice on what you can do.

Comment

Coach since I just opened an account it telling me I don't have info posts. To PM yet. Could you message me until I get my post count up.

Comment

Email me at dgabbard21@gmail and I can help you out some. I can't PM either becuase I am relatively new as well, well I haven't posted much.

Comment

Considering this for a hog hunt this weekend. Anyone have any newer info on this area?

Comment

Any news on hog activity at Cooper WMA?

Comment

Originally posted by Txbowslaughter View Post
                        Any news on hog activity at Cooper WMA?
                        i walked up on a sounder 2 weekends ago, and have seen a bunch of fresh wallows in the area that i've been walking.

Comment

Originally posted by BPurvisJr View Post
                          i walked up on a sounder 2 weekends ago, and have seen a bunch of fresh wallows in the area that i've been walking.
                          Very nice! I need to get out there and scout around. I like new area's and have been waiting to get out there.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lake Tawakoni was pretty empty last year during the 2nd and 3rd week of the bow season. Only got to hunt the Pawnee inlet. Decent size, lots of sign. Even a tree stand set up over a pond 100 yards from the parking lot.

Comment

Working...
                            X