No announcement yet.

LIVE - incompetance, insanity, and a major cluster in the making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, they put General Lee up on a pedestal using archaic methods by today's standards. But 133 years later these geniuses can't get Lee down with all the advanced equipment that has been developed since 1884?

#generalleelivesmatter

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      the people onsite who were ordered to do the job are firemen. The city did not have an organized plan or blueprint on how to effectively remove the statue. Landrieu and his cronies never consulted with engineers or people who are skilled, trained, and licensed to do this type of work.

This thing has withstood countless extreme weather events. Unanchoring this thing can't be an easy task. Let's just say, the mayors little party will be delayed.

Comment

Why don't all of you naysayers just be quiet and let the good people of New Orleans try to rewrite history? Sheesh! You'd think you guys never heard of book burning or other failed attempts to rewrite history by others.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          To be unified we need to get rid of and ban African awards, African scholarships. etc. etc. etc. Don't label anything.
          you know that Harvard had an ALL BLACK graduation this year...2 days before the class graduation...the black students felt left out

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
            They need a larger boat............

Comment

I hope he is still standing at #!...as the mayor with egg on his face explains the issue.."We had a plan...a bad plan that did not work, we will spend more money and try this again"....

Comment

On a serious note, when/if they get General Lee down, are they going to rename "Lee Circle"? I would assume they'd have to do that to. What do they plan to call it going forward?

Comment

Yea, well....they can have the chocolate city.....
                  I never left anything there, I'd care to go back for......

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
                    Why don't all of you naysayers just be quiet and let the good people of New Orleans try to rewrite history? Sheesh! You'd think you guys never heard of book burning or other failed attempts to rewrite history by others.

Regards,

Dave
                    Says the guy from Austin! Carry on!

Last edited by Tmag; 05-19-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Truly a sad day

Comment

Holy crap Tmag! Can you make the picture any bigger?

Comment

plaque has been removed

like all the other monument items taken down, the plaque and REL statue will end up in the city trash pile

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
                            On a serious note, when/if they get General Lee down, are they going to rename "Lee Circle"? I would assume they'd have to do that to. What do they plan to call it going forward?
                            Landrieu Circle, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
                              Suicide circle........

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                                plaque has been removed

like all the other monument items taken down, the plaque and REL statue will end up in the city trash pile

I don't know man. This stuff could show up years from now on the auction block............for millions.

Comment

Working...
                                X