Lets see simple DIY blinds w/ cattle panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see simple DIY blinds w/ cattle panels

I need ideas for a simple yet effective ground blind using t posts, panels and some sort of outer covering. Any pics or ideas would be so appreciated. Trying to save money instead of buying a new double bull.

Here is mine. One panel in a circle, camo material, and some privacy fence boards for the roof. Still need to line the inside with black material for a good black out effect.

Front view toward feeder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bow%2520Blind%2520172rs.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	23894017

Name:	Bow%2520Blind%2520173rs.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	23894018

Side view to another shooting lane.

Name:	Bow%2520Blind%2520174rs.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	23894019

Name:	Bow%2520Blind%2520175rs.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	23894020

Comment

That turned out good.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

This is how I built mine, I love this design. Thinking about building another.

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the pics, i get the idea now.

Comment

anyone have any pics of the doorway before and after the build? thanks in advance.

Comment

thats sweet

Comment

Best homemade blind I've ever seen. What did you camouflage it with?

Comment

Ground blind built with fence post and wire.

Comment

Stuntrider that looks very cool.

Comment

That is a nice looking blind stuntrider. Have you hunted out of it yet?

Comment

I don't have any pics on my computer, but we build these type blinds all the time. Concrete reinforcing wire works better and is much easier to bend than the cattle panels. You can bend a cattle panel and make a good roof for the blind though. We use what trees are available and then use T posts to attach the wire to. We usually make them about a 6 foot diameter or so and overlap and offset the two ends to make a doorway that's easy to walk through and doesn't open up the blind. Use some bolt cutters to trim out your windows and pile brush up against the blind. We usually cut a bunch of cedar limbs and weave them into the wire and pile them up on the roof to keep it darker inside and keep the blind dry. Even after the cedar dries up and the needles fall off the limbs are still woven into the blind to help cover you up and then it doesn't take as many new limbs to freshen the blind up the next year. We tried using some black tarps on the inside of the blind but it was a pain and then you really needed to wear black to blend in better. I've had much better luck videoing and hunting out of the blinds that are just brushed in. Put a roof on them and cover it with limbs and it will be plenty dark inside. Hope this helps.
                          Kody

Comment

I built this one several years ago. I have to make mine bigger so that I can shoot my recurve out of them and so that there is room for my wife to hunt with me.

We put a camo tarp over the roof and wrapped burlap around the sides. We set two t-posts at the rear to hold the blind in place and to act as a frame for the door. We overlapped the burlap over the door section in opposite directions to serve as a door.

Name:	Cattle panel 1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	23894098

Name:	Cattle panel 2.jpg
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	23894099

Name:	cattle panel 3.jpg
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	23894100

Comment

Wow! Those blow mine away. I took a single cattle pannel and formed it into a U shape. I laid it on it's side and cut out one shooting hole. The entrance is towards a solid piece of woods on a huge drop off. The deer won't come from that way. I camoed it by zip tying a bunch of cut brances all over it. Mine is somewhat see through. This means scent moves freely and the deer might see me, but I never got busted last year. The only maintenance to mine is every once in a while I will zip tie another branch or two onto the frame.

Comment

Working...
                              X