Best mpg 1/2 ton truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best mpg 1/2 ton truck?

I drive 600-1000 miles a week and it might be necessary to get a truck. Whats the best 1/2 ton pickup as far as mpg?

Company just bought me a new F150 ecoboost. Just about 5000 miles on it and Im getting 18.6 and goes up a little each week. Pulled one trailer load of window frames with it so far and it did pretty good. Sure beat the 3/4ton van I use to drive.

Comment

If i was you, I would certainly look into the Ford Ecoboost. From what I've heard, you will not be disappointed in mpg or in power.

Comment

I have an ecoboost and love it. If you get one pay attention to what gears are in it. Mine has 373 and is 4wd. Going to the lease I can get nineteen. Around home and back and forth to work is more like 16.5- 17.

Comment

I have a dodge single cab 2010 with the 4.7 and I get about 22 average

Comment

As said above, I have heard great things about the ecoboost, power of a v8 with economy of a v6.

Comment

04 ram with Hemi, and I get 18.5 on highway, 16.5 in town. Won't trade the power for another 5 mpg.

Comment

The ecoboot will actually outrun the Hemi.

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
                  The ecoboot will actually outrun the Hemi.
                  I would have to personally see this to believe it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DH2000 View Post
                    I would have to personally see this to believe it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
                    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQGqt_tfi6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Ecoboost F150 vs 5.7L Hemi Dodge Ram Quarter Mile Run - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I have an 04 hemi and I get 13.5 mpg going down hill in neutral with tailwind. Lol

Comment

On the highway best I've got in my ecoboost was 22. It's a 4x4. In town if you stay out of it I average 17-18

Comment

At 65, my 08 Dodge gts 21-22 mpg.

Comment

Ford f150 ecoboost (they ain't cheap)

Comment

I'm getting 18 Hwy/16 City in my 2011 4x4 Chevy and my wife gets 20 Hwy/18 City in her 2011 Chevy. Both are 5.3 liters.

Comment

Working...
                              X